Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch disposal

Options
  • 19-06-2017 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

I have an old, crappy couch that I want to get rid of. I'm not sure it's even worthy of donation to a charity shop. Is there anywhere else I can bring it? Will the place on Ballast Quay take it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭butterfly28

I would also like to know how to get rid of a couch and a piano that's worthless as well lol! 😀 Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I have two (huge) ones to get rid of. I'm going to break them up and do a few car trips to the dump.

• I guess if it's rubbish (the couch) it needs to be dumped.

But sometimes one persons rubbish is another persons treasure. For other things it might be worth posting a free ad on Adverts.ie. Stating "person requesting" collects.

I needed to do a quick get-rid-of large settee. I posted on Adverts and a local family asked for the settee. I was going to have to pay to get it moved to the dump anyway so and it was a shorter journey to drop it off with the family. So I dropped it off to them. But for most things best to see if person can collect themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Thanks for the replies. I really don't think this is worth passing onto someone else. What I want to do is get it in the back of my van and take it to a dump or recycling facility. Anyone know a good spot that'll take it?

• Take it down to Greenstar Deep Water Quay Sligo Co.

Drive past Homeland Store on left, its the second place second on the left, the first is recycling.

Drive the van in, get it weighed, dump the stuff, van gets weighed again and pay at office. Probably about €15-€20 at a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I paid €30 for a couch and a recliner at the Deep Water Quay Depot. They've huge skips down there, best place to get rid of it. I'd say it'd be about €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I believe there is a new 'retail outlet' opened on Connaughton Rd that deal in furniture, I seen a few leather couches in the car-park when passing by, worth a look.

Advertisement