Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Wood Flooring in Ireland

Options
  • 19-06-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been looking on web sites and calling around some wood floor companies over the last few days with no success.

I'm looking for 100sq metres of solid wood flooring: American Walnut, Teak or Bamboo. Looking to get 2 flights of stairs done, preferably with the same type of wood.

Anyone I've called has replied saying they no longer do solid wood and egineered is the way to go..

Two questions:
    1. Any good companies/sites in Ireland for exotic solid wood floors?
    2. Any recommendations on how I can do the stairs with solid wood?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Solid wood flooring is still available but not many places carry stock, what part of the country are you in .
    If you want Bamboo you may have to order from the UK to get value, used some last year and it was much cheaper.
    Is the stairs timber or concrete and have the steps a bullnose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Solid wood isn't as popular as it once was due to its expansion and contraction which can lead to future problems for both the sellar and the fitter. they are not worth the risk, its all engineered now.

Advertisement