Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a load of dog and cat collars, How do I sell them??

Options
  • 19-06-2017 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hello,

I have the old stock from a company called Pets With Attitude Ltd.

I got about 1700 dog and cat collars of all different sizes and designs that have been sorted under my stairs for years.

Would hate to just throw them out as they are 100% genuine leather and have a surprisingly nice quality feel to them.

How would I go about selling them in bulk orders or just all 1700 at once?

I was just thinking about a fiver a piece would be reasonable then a shop could sell them on themselves for about 10-15.

If you know anything that can help me or anyone who might be interested please put me in touch as I would like to get them cleared out.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You could contact some independent pet shops see if they would be interested. Have you tried putting them on a few marketplaces online just in case the right person stumbles on them? You'd probably have to come down on price to sell them all in one lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aivia

I guess I could just go around and ask some pet shops to see if they are interested.

Would you know any marketplaces that might be good for these? Im not too sure where to start when it comes to listing collars.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

There are so many dog and animal welfare charities that could use these, either directly or by selling them to raise funds for animal rescue.

If you can't sell them please consider donating. PM me and I can give you some contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Aivia wrote: »
    Hello,

I have the old stock from a company called Pets With Attitude Ltd.

I got about 1700 dog and cat collars of all different sizes and designs that have been sorted under my stairs for years.

Would hate to just throw them out as they are 100% genuine leather and have a surprisingly nice quality feel to them.

How would I go about selling them in bulk orders or just all 1700 at once?

I was just thinking about a fiver a piece would be reasonable then a shop could sell them on themselves for about 10-15.

Job lot of variuous designs and sizes - will be difficult to get more than €2 for them on a bulk sale.

You could look at taking a small space at petexpo - http://www.petexpo.ie/ and sell them at a fiver each to the public

Yeah it would just be nice to get rid of all of them at once even if it means getting less for them.
    Thanks for the link to petexpo tho, I will defiantly look into it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Send In The Robots

Whilst cats are the stars of utube and the like, (heavy) leather collars might not suit them.
    Most cat collars are very light, synthetic, flea resistant, reflective often with bells or fancy bright reflective colours.

Dogs, leather, yes. Still there is no great USP other than a low price point.
    Perhaps look into bulk upgrade making them Bluetooth, RFID or GPS tracking devices.

The cat collars are quite slim and thin compared to the bigger dog collars I have and they do come in some pretty bright (not too sure about reflective) colours.

I should have added in the original post that the collars are not just leather like brown/black, they have patterns and designs of different things on them.

I dont know about upgrading them, I feel they are worth afew euro just being reasonable quality leather on their own. I might get an appraisal on turning them into some kind of smart collar tho as it seems to be an interesting idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tommyirl

You could try selling on Amazon.co.uk. You can signup for free and dog collars are selling for 7-20 Eur. You can take orders, package and ship as you wish. The customer pays the delivery expense.

There is also a FBA option which you could use, this will allow you to send the items in bulk to Amazon but you will have to package and label each item. Its not a big job really.

Another option would be ebay. You never know you might actually get some good profit from them all.

I have looked around on amazon and ebay the past few days, I might make an account and start listing them sometime next month.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will go more in depth when I have some time.

Also I just realised that the cat collars have bells on them, Iv never really looked that in depth to them I just made sure they were all in good condition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement