Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best schools/colleges in Dublin to repeat the leaving in?

Options
  • 19-06-2017 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm considering repeating 6th year since I'm tired of being mediocre and want to actually do something with my life. This year I know I wil definitelly be getting around 440 points, not enough for the course I wanted. I've been lazy as **** all year and havent put any work in at all. Im pretty sure I could be getting 500+ easily if I actually studied. So I'm going to do some soul searching over the summer but I think I want to get into medicine.

Basically, what are the best colleges/schools to repeat the leaving cert in? I'm looking for one that only charges the 300euro or 100 something with a medical card. The couple that I looked at all say that they have tons of experience but next thing I know I could end up in some kip and waste a year. Really would appreciate some insight, thanks. I live in South/West in Dublin near Tallaght about 20 mins from the city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

Rathmines college is excellent in my experience. Fee is €385 without a med card, so you can do your research if you have one. They cover a lot of subjects and you can sit any subject, even if they don't cover it. For biology you even repeat the practicals at the very start, which actually helps more than I thought. I had friends who came in from Tallaght, not too bad of a commute apparently.

I will tell you however, it is NOT easy. I was a straight A student up to 5th year, I slipped because, reasons.. And well repeating happened. I was the same, I knew I'm better than what I achieved first time around etc. but it is very hard to keep focused in my honest opinion, other people felt very different and were in fact very motivated. You have to sit down and think about your options yourself. I won't go into the whole 'not getting into college isn't the end of the world' thing, but PLC, different colleges and many more options out there. Also be realistic, most likely you won't study 24/7, no matter what you tell yourself, and have a social life, you can't cope otherwise, humans are social creatures. Either way, the year actually does fly. Any other questions, just shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 covfefe98

ohpaddy wrote: »
    I'm considering repeating 6th year since I'm tired of being mediocre and want to actually do something with my life. This year I know I wil definitelly be getting around 440 points, not enough for the course I wanted. I've been lazy as **** all year and havent put any work in at all. Im pretty sure I could be getting 500+ easily if I actually studied. So I'm going to do some soul searching over the summer but I think I want to get into medicine.

Basically, what are the best colleges/schools to repeat the leaving cert in? I'm looking for one that only charges the 300euro or 100 something with a medical card. The couple that I looked at all say that they have tons of experience but next thing I know I could end up in some kip and waste a year. Really would appreciate some insight, thanks. I live in South/West in Dublin near Tallaght about 20 mins from the city centre.

copy this link (careersportal.ie/ed_training/repeat_lc.php)

It has all the colleges that offer repeat classes

Advertisement