Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic wheels - warrenty

Options
  • 19-06-2017 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭

Spotted an online German bike shop selling a mavic wheel set €500 cheaper than CRC so good value and postage is cheap too but my worry is obtaining warranty in ireland incase of any issues.

Has anyone bought mavics and used a local shop for warrenty issues or gone directly to mavic ?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I haven't but I would presume your warranty is with the shop you bought from. You might get lucky if the shop puts you right in touch with Mavic but not sure why a LBS would help you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

CramCycle wrote: »
    I haven't but I would presume your warranty is with the shop you bought from. You might get lucky if the shop puts you right in touch with Mavic but not sure why a LBS would help you

Was thinking the same myself, the shop said if I ran into issues locally I could post them back to them in germany but thats very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Mavic's own warranty statement says (emphasis is mine):
    Mavic wrote:
    This warranty is valid and enforceable only in the country where the Product was purchased, provided that Mavic? has intended that the Product be offered for sale in that country. This warranty is also enforceable in any country where Mavic? has a subsidiary, a Mavic? agreed dealer or a distributor (1).

So no reason to my mind that it can't be dealt with by a dealer in Ireland even if bought from Germany, though I could perfectly understand them not wanting to go out of their way to help you if you've never set foot in the store prior to that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

jamesd wrote: »
    Was thinking the same myself, the shop said if I ran into issues locally I could post them back to them in germany but thats very expensive.

Some German retailers have a return shipment label that comes with them, is it one of the big retailers?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Some German retailers have a return shipment label that comes with them, is it one of the big retailers?

http://www.ultrasonic-bikes.de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Do wheel manufacturers stand by the warranty they provide with wheels.
    It looks like to me that they have such scope to blame the user instead of bad production. They could blame it on anything after the wheels are first used.

Rang mavic uk, they said if purchased online then for warranty they need to go back to supplier or a re-seller in the country of purchase.

So an an example he said if i bought online in the UK then they can go back to a shop in northern Ireland or else by post to the UK.

Advertisement