Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arduino Commute Checker Build

• 19-06-2017 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd share a project I've been working on for the last while. It's a device built using an ESP8266 for checking the travel time on several routes between two places for the journey home from work for a few of my friends.

It gets the data from the Google Maps API

I have big write up on Instructables on how to make it if you are interested.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Video doesnt play for me :(

The video might clear this up, but what does this do that home assistant doesnt? Below is a screenshot of my commute times today. Not 100% accurate (I swear I was in the office after lunch), but that's the phones fault.

420416.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Video doesnt play for me :(

Whoops had a few extra characters in the youtube id, try now!
    The video might clear this up, but what does this do that home assistant doesnt?

Sparkly flashing lights :pac:

FSPHB8NJ3YPVSPH.ANIMATED.LARGE.gif

FX0125YJ3YPVSQ2.ANIMATED.LARGE.gif

This is more about choosing a way home (it does display the time too). It's basically a physical equivalent of checking google maps

Advertisement