Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance Cover For L'Etape du Tour

Options
  • 19-06-2017 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations for cover for this event??
    Possibly including cover for the bike also.
    Hoping to roll this insurance into the family annual travel insurance too.
    I had a look at sportscoverdirect but the price was huge.

Would much appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭squa

Hi Markie,

I'm heading over for L'Etape in 2 weeks also & am currently researching insurance cover options. As I'm sure you've already discovered, I'm hitting a blank wall with all the usual insurance companies based on the fact that cycling is the "main" purpose of my trip & the fact that it's an organised event. I paid for the insurance option provided by the Etape organisers at the time of registering (I think it was an extra €5 & was most likely compulsory, just can't remember) so that should cover me for any medical expenses should I be unlucky enough to abruptly depart from my bike at any stage. However, I'm still interested to know if there's any additional cover to protect against angry baggage handlers while my bike passes through the airport!

Let me know if you had any luck with this.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

I used Blue Insurance each time I went over for an etape or Marmotte.
    In 2015 I crashed a few weeks before going over and claimed back all expenses no problem from them as I couldn't get refunds from airlines and tour company etc.
    They had activity/risk levels to choose from, so I picked the bike touring one I think.

For the bike itself I got full insurance for it but it cost a fortune, about 400Eur I think but the bikes were new so I went for it just in case. Will look back to find the company name

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭markie379

I went with Getcover.ie . It cost just over 30 euro for two of us. No cover for the bike though . Category 2 risk level .

Advertisement