Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't even need bodyglide

Options
  • 20-06-2017 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Ok here is my training log. I just completed the Dunmore East Sprint Tri. Very much a novice effort 1:34.

14:40 for swim, and 44:56 for bike which I was happy enough with because I had been on a bike twice in the build up. Transitions and Run were awful though.

Anyway, I have learned a lot and want to give it another go in Carrick on Suir in 6 weeks time. Started training in earnest today for it.

Run: Approx 1 hour at lunch time
    Swim: 1200 metres

A few stats:

Male, 6ft, 37yo, 12st12lbs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

1200 mtr swim at lunch time
    5.12 mile jog this evening 9:22 min miles
    Feels like running is gone to pot since starting cross training 8 weeks ago

45 mins on the Watt Bike in the gym today, worked up a good sweat as you do in the gym.

That was at lunch time

1200m swim in the pool after work. Been lucky the first three days of the week getting the training in.

Bought a new bike a couple of weeks ago and used it for the first time in the tri in Dunmore. Front wheel is not a little out of true so I'm taking it back to Halfords tomorrow. It's a boardman team carbon and I really like it. Hope they can sort because I'd like to do a long spin at the weekend

Ran 10k at lunch time today. Cycled bike to Halfords to get front wheel trued and walked home.

Wondered when tiredness from increase in training would hit?

Answer: right now, flaked

Right now I'm thinking rest day tomorrow ,

Took a rest day today, apart from walking to Halfords and collecting my bike. Brought it in with a slight buckle on the front wheel yesterday at lunch time (took a half day), and left work early today to pick it up, had to pick up kids afterwards.

Anyway guy tells me he hasn't had time to look at it so I cycle it home with said buckle but now several hours down on my work clock.

Anyway, he said he was too busy and it is a busy spot so whatevs.

Having a few beers now, maybe head to local park run in the morning.

Park run this morning
    22:37 for 5k, delighted with this because I thought it would be a lot worse. About 7:15 per mile

Cycled in and out of Park Run

400 mtr swim this afternoon. Steady 20 lengths, bit tired after efforts this morning.

• Advertisement

Met up with Local tri club this morning for about a 35km spin. Terrific. Love the bike despite slight aforementioned buckle, it's so light

8k jog on grass at lunch time today.

1200 mtr in pool but very disjointed, first thirty had problems with goggles until I eventually went in to changing rooms and dried them and my face off (only way they'll stick properly). Did final 30 lengths in pool with about 30 lads from some kind of club in there.

There's always tomorrow

Lunch time - 45 tough minutes on Watt bike in gym followed by 10 minutes jog on tread mill

After work, 40 lengths of pool 800m when son was getting a lesson.

6k today at lunch time, very cranky and unsettled today. May be over training, nothing else for the rest of the day and maybe a rest day tomorrow

Thursday - rest day. Also got results of a computer studies diploma, got a first so celebrated that with a few sneaky Frosties. Hardly ideal preparation

Friday - despite myself, went to swimming pool for 1200 mtrs

Saturday - 30km on bike, was so glad I did this one, unfortunately though, had a few pints again for my sisters birthday

Sunday - mock tri with tri club, just joined this morning. 1:34, just under 16 mins for swim around 50 on the bike including T1 and probably just under 30 for 5.2 km run. I'd say this was a better performance overall than Dunmore East

• Advertisement

1200 tired metres in pool this morning, 40 mins tired run at lunch time

Nothing of note today, well tired, lots of stuff going on at the moment

45 minutes lovely run in forrest, followed by quick dip in the sea, great stuff

Good really tough session on Watt bike today's for 45 mins avg watts 192, that's 10 watts up on last week

Followed by 10 minutes on treadmill 10.5 kph incline 2

Delighted with it, lost about 8 pints sweat, not pretty

1200 mtr pool swim this morning
    10k run at lunch, tired and hungry now but think maybe Park run in the morning

Park Run this morning 21:40, 8 seconds off PB, over the ruddy moon, triathlon is the way forward

30k cycle this morning, was tired after but funniily enough, I seem to be getting used to being tired. Was quite irritable yesterday though after a good effort at park run. Not good.

Bike is making a load of bloody noise in the drive train, I think cables have gotten a little stretched and gearing is not as tight as it could be. Bringing it back to Halfords on Tuesday, hoping for a better result than last time, I.e no result ( good or bad )

800 metres steady to strong swim this morning

8 k run at lunchtime, feeling good but hungry

Rest day today, really tired, brought bike back to Halfords today, the guy tightened up my gears and trued the front wheel. Bike seems to be running well. Bought a bottle cage, mini pump and saddle bag. Gonna chance a 100k sportive on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

calabi yau wrote: »
    30k cycle this morning, was tired after but funniily enough, I seem to be getting used to being tired. Was quite irritable yesterday though after a good effort at park run. Not good.

Bike is making a load of bloody noise in the drive train, I think cables have gotten a little stretched and gearing is not as tight as it could be. Bringing it back to Halfords on Tuesday, hoping for a better result than last time, I.e no result ( good or bad )

Good you got the bike sorted and good luck on Sunday

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    Good you got the bike sorted and good luck on Sunday

Thanks very much, appreciate that :)

Been a funny (busy) week.

On Wednesday, got some funny news about a transfer in work that kind of threw me. Love my current job but I applied for a promotion and those are the risks you take I suppose if it materialises. The proposed move involves a decent commute that will end up costing me, and for not a very nice job.

Anyway, nothing is set in stone yet but ended up heading to the gym after work to get some head space, 10 mins on Watt bike, 10 mins on treadmill and some core and about an hour in the jacuzzi

Thursday, I had a beautiful 8k run but then started feeling really tired so I have a bit of a dose now.

Been a relatively poor week training wise and nothing yesterday.

Volunteering at local Park Run this morning but sportive looks unlikely tomorrow and if it does happen it will be the 50k variety. Man flu :(

Anyways hopefully find out more about work next week and all will be ok.

50k sportive yesterday

1000 mtr swim today, not having a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Good luck with work and maybe you need a good rest day to recharge the batteries or take it handy till you feel better

Baby75 wrote: »
    Good luck with work and maybe you need a good rest day to recharge the batteries or take it handy till you feel better

Hi, thanks for that :) I ran 10k at lunch time today & found it tough enough but was delighted I did it. Extremely warm out there today.

Funny stuff happening in work. They're not making it easy for me that's for sure. Yesterday, I spoke to personnel, then got the union involved, and finally turned down a job I haven't even been offered yet :D

Still awaiting an offer but it will be next week before it happens at least. Just hope it's the right offer :fingers crossed:

5 mins on spinner followed by 40 mins on Watt bike, tough as always, lost buckets of sweat again

1200 mtr swim yesterday

About a 70km spin this morning. Wonderful. Met a fella at a sportive last Sunday and he said a group left locally every Sat morning at 9:30. So I rocked up there. Even a part of their lotto syndicate now. Really nice group. Coffee and cake on the way back too.

80 mins jog this morning. A mate and I are heading to Newcastle for Great North Run in September so have one eye on that too.

Carrick on Suir Sprint Tri next Sunday, and probably a club mock tri on August Bank Holiday but then that will be it tri wise I'd say until Moby Dick in Cork in September.

Having a great time with it all I have to say but will need to concentrate or the running for 4 - 5 weeks for the Great North Run.

One of the lads on the spin yesterday was saying I need to sort out a decent pair of shorts. I'm a fan of GCN on YouTube and they had some decent looking gear on sale on their online shop. The bib shorts looked well reviewed to picked up a pair, but also liked the look of the jersey so got that too.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I'm gonna be a FKW, unwittingly. It never meant to happen this way but there you have it. All the cyclists I see are FKW's anyway, at least it's not a yellow jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

:D

• Advertisement

800 mtr swim moderate to strong at lunch time. Was in lean six sigma training all day and again tomorrow - snooze fest

Advertisement