Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Out Apartment Management Company?

Options
  • 20-06-2017 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a way to find out who the management company of my rented apartment is? There's an abandoned car in the parking space out front and I was going to ask my landlord to report it tomorrow but I have the feeling she won't. I know the management company doesn't deal with tenants but I came home tonight to find there wasn't a single space for me to park my car, not even in the cul-de-sac beside me. I had to park around the corner at visitor parking.

Is pretty ridiculous that one of the spaces is wasted by a car that is covered in webs and has a flat tyre and clearly hasn't moved in a year or more. I suspect the car next to it is also unused because it's the only car that hasn't moved in all the spaces in front. Spaces aren't allocated and I'm going to suggest she pushes the idea forward because it's not fair for there to be enough spaces for each apartment only for someone to take two spaces. Everyone should be entitled to a space and second cars and guests should park around the corner in visitor parking.

It's private property so unfortunately I can't report it to the council but I want something to be done because I'm only living here a week and parking is already a joke, I've a new car on the way too the last thing I need is nowhere to park...

If my landlord won't help then do I have any other options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you live in "Oak Woods" put that into this: https://search.cro.ie/company/ and see if anything comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I was wondering if there's a way to find out who the management company of my rented apartment is?

If my landlord won't help then do I have any other options?

You mean you want to find who the management agent is? Either way, your issue is with your landlord.

Is parking mentioned in your lease?

You really need to discuss the issue with your landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Although you have no legal link to the company you should still be able to complain about this car. I would mention that it's a potential fire risk. If it has no tax or insurance and the company have taken all reasonable steps to contact the owner they could have it removed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Any issues you raise with the landlord about the common areas have to be raised in writing by the landlord to the management agent.

Advertisement