Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Post notification from subforum of subcribed

Options
  • 20-06-2017 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭

Subscribed to various fora. Of late have noticed I now get notification of new posts for Feedback forum when it's actually only one of the sub-fora that has a new post. I'm not subscribed tot he sub-forum.

Is this an errors or how's it's always been?
    In either case can it be fixed? I don't care to have notification from fora I'm not actually subscribed to.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Cookie_Monster. Do you mean that you get the asterisk next to Feedback in your My Forums dropdown?

The system doesn't separate sub-forums from the parent forum, so if a post is posted in the sub the technology only recognises that there's a new post somewhere within Feedback.

I'm pretty sure it's always been like this, certainly for a long time it has been.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Hi Mark, yea that's what I mean. Never noticed it before as fora always seemed to have posts. But with feedback now being super quiet it gets a star a lot from the sub forum for notifications etc.

A bit annoying but if that always has been the case fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Huh, lost my previous reply.

Yes I mean the asterisk. Never noticed it before as there always was a new post in whatever forum it was. I guess with feedback becoming so quiet while the request forum is busy made it more obvious...

If that's how it's always been that's fine so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement