Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying new wheelset

Options
  • 20-06-2017 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭

After endless trouble with loose spokes and buckles and various visits to LBS to have the rear wheel trued I think I'm just going to buy a new wheelset.

I might buy online if the prices are favourable. I will also purchase a new cassette and use the old wheel and old cassette for the turbo trainer.

I'm thinking of buying a set of Zondas, mainly because I read good things about them, other than that I'm fairly clueless on wheels. I use the bike for general fitness and sportives, I'm never going to be racing so weight isn't a huge deal for me.
    Feel free to offer your suggestions on other wheel options if you want.

My bike is running 105 10 speed compact.

I've never done anything with wheels before so I have a few questions:

1. Is choice of cassette dependent on the wheel type? (hub compatibility etc?)

2. If buying online should the wheels be ready to fit and ride straight away? I read a comment once about a wheel not being centred, not even sure what that is :o

I won't rule out the LBS either.

Comments

Advertisement