Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish furniture shenanigans.

Options
  • 20-06-2017 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have used this particular store many times before, but only for packages I could transport myself.

My first (ongoing) experience with their delivery service has been an eye opener....

On Tuesday 6th June we spent just over 2k in store. This included 4 bulky items for which delivery was required. We requested delivery for the following Saturday and were told, sorry, next day delivery only, if you want it Saturday, come back Friday....

So, I arranged the Wednesday off work.
    No show.
    Contacted them, sorry, your order missed the next day cutoff.
    Fair enough it was late Tuesday evening, but you have two of my phone numbers, contact me....
    Arranged Thursday off too...
    No show.
    Contacted them earlier this time..
    Oh sorry, did we say Thursday? We meant Friday...
    I can't take another day off, so rearrange for Saturday (original date requested).
    They arrive!
    With 3 of the 4 items. One of which is damaged....
    They want to redeliver Monday or Wednesday.
    I ask them to schedule a van to me due to the shenanigans.
    I am told that this is impossible.
    Rescheduled for following Saturday.
    Arrive with missing item. Take away broken item, no replacement item though...
    Driver tells me that replacement item will be sent out in its own van in three hours. (Isn't that what I asked for last week?)
    Contact customer support to confirm. They have no record of the missing item being delivered, they think the replacement item will be delivered between 10 and 2.

No show.

On the phone to them all Saturday evening, request delivery by van, told this is impossible.
    Rescheduled to Monday 19th as I am unavailable the following Saturday. This is my third day off.

No show.

On the phone with them solidly from half one until 6pm.

They are trying to reschedule for Tuesday.

Tweet some pictures to them of various family members (stock photos) sitting on the ground looking unhappy.

Phone call from Dublin at 6pm.
    This is the first that they had heard of this.
    Shams in Coventry had not been in touch.
    Sofa arrives in its own van at 7pm.

Should never have bothered with the helpline.
    Should have gone straight to the store.

Anyway. I am using a template of a complaint letter which says to quantify the value of your time for consequential loss.
    Basically any extra time you had to take off in order to receive the delivery.
    Is consequential loss even a thing in Ireland or am I using an American template?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

eldamo wrote: »

Anyway. I am using a template of a complaint letter which says to quantify the value of your time for consequential loss.
    Basically any extra time you had to take off in order to receive the delivery.
    Is consequential loss even a thing in Ireland or am I using an American template?

The idea exists here, but getting anything more than a (small) voucher as apology is effectively unheard of. Americans would be looking for lost wages etc; not a hope of getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

L1011 wrote: »
    The idea exists here, but getting anything more than a (small) voucher as apology is effectively unheard of. Americans would be looking for lost wages etc; not a hope of getting that.

Hmm,

They have made an offer which they seem to feel is pretty astronomical, and i feel is a pile of poop given the levels of uselessness they have shown, sure lets see where we go from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

which bit?

i think i threatened the small claims court a bit early so not sure if they will come back with any more offers

sigh

to be fair i just completely ran out of patience with them yesterday

it's sad that trolling them on twitter was the only thing that got it moving at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement

3 of them
    250 euro a day
    they wont get close to that.

i would like to see something for the saturdays too seeing the length of time that I spent on the phone to them.

if these were just days hanging around at home with them not turning up, I might have achieved something

but no, i spent up to 5 hours a day on the phone to them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

eldamo wrote: »
    3 of them
    250 euro a day
    they wont get close to that.

i would like to see something for the saturdays too seeing the length of time that I spent on the phone to them.

if these were just days hanging around at home with them not turning up, I might have achieved something

So you want work losses and you are also trying to charge an amount for your personal time, good luck with that.

What have they actually offered you?
    but no, i spent up to 5 hours a day on the phone to them

Are you just making this number up or have you actually properly added from phone records?

I used to work in telecom's and regularly we'd get people claiming "I spent 10hrs on the phone", when we'd actually look at the phone records they'd have spent 1hour and they were very clearly pulling a figure out of the air to big up their complaint.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Best of luck OP. We had similar issues with a heap of wardrobes for a house renovation, 3 times we paid for someone to hang around for a day until they finally made it and got the order almost right. Only 2 pieces damaged in transit and one set of fixings knocked off a package.

With all the messing, it would have worked out cheaper for us to get custom wardrobes from a local company.

Cabaal wrote: »
    So you want work losses and you are also trying to charge an amount for your personal time, good luck with that.

What have they actually offered you?

Are you just making this number up or have you actually properly added from phone records?

I used to work in telecom's and regularly we'd get people claiming "I spent 10hrs on the phone", when we'd actually look at the phone records they'd have spent 1hour and they were very clearly pulling a figure out of the air to big up their complaint.

Just checked, twas but a mere 3 hours in a 4 and a half hour period.

Probably best to be precise with them.

Offer 119

So, end result of a lot of messing around, 500 euro returned onto visa debit card this week.
    That'll do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement