Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony MDR-1000X Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

or €300 in the Dublin Airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Paid €400 for them last December. Absolutely brilliant pair of noise cancelling 'phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Re Airports, for anyone flying they are actually £270 in Dixons Heathrow, https://boutique.heathrow.com/technology/sonymdr-1000x-detail and was passing through there few weeks ago and tested them and Bose QC35's and Sennheiser Momentums, B&O H7's and B&W P7's  however in the end (for full disclosure) went for the Bowers and Wilkins P7 Wireless. https://boutique.heathrow.com/technology/bowers-wilkins-p7-wireless-detail 
    While they don't have the noise cancelling qualities of the rest, they do have decent noise isolation but the build quality though was excellent (I'm a daily user) and the sound quality was amazing very natural/crisp. Had the original Parrot Zik's which in fairness have lasted v well after almost daily use for a few years now, so was looking for similar quality build when I decided to upgrade. The Sony's above were my second choice though, just saw them down on amazon so thought I 'd post.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

or €300 in the Dublin Airport

Where? Do you have a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Sneachta wrote: »

Dixons in either terminal. Call them up, they'll confirm it for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Sneachta wrote: »
    Dixons in either terminal. Call them up, they'll confirm it for you

Or if you ask in a Currys/PCworld store, they can check the price/stock levels for you in either terminals. :)

Or if you ask in a Currys/PCworld store, they can check the price/stock levels for you in either terminals. :)

Thanks very much.

€320 when I called yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ttc028

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

20% off like new wearhouse, nabbed for £155. Cheers

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    20% off like new wearhouse, nabbed for £155. Cheers

I’ve heard the build quality is really bad and turned up cracked

I’ve heard the build quality is really bad and turned up cracked

Amazon UK customer service is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jamespence

Lovely I just bought a "Very good" condition pair for 210 pound and now it's 190 pound "like new"

Jamespence wrote:
    Lovely I just bought a "Very good" condition pair for 210 pound and now it's 190 pound "like new"

Get onto customer service. Or cancel the first and buy again if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ttc028

Now £189 on Amazon.

ttc028 wrote: »
    Now £189 on Amazon.

Sony WH-1000XM2 Are out January 1st 2018

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

Amazon now has the Sony MDR-100ABN Bluetooth high resolution noise cancelling headphones for £150 today. They don't list it on their Black Friday Sale page, but the price has dropped from £230 overnight, likely due to Amazon matching someone else's Black Friday deal. ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-100ABN-Resolution-Cancelling-Headphones-Black/dp/B01EANK8ZO

The following is the 3Camel's price history:

kZoYzx7.png

When I tried purchasing these, Amazon tried recommend me buy the Sony MDR-1000X instead, which they do list on their Black Friday deal's page.

The main reason I chose these over the MDR-1000X (besides the price) is there are far fewer reports of headband cracking issues. I had a few headphones ruined in the past with the headband cracking after a few years of usage, which put me off the MDR-1000X. As with the MDR-1000X, the MDR-100ABN support the higher fidelity aptX and LDAC codecs, which require an aptX or LDAC capable Bluetooth source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Best headphones I've ever owned.

which the X or ABN? What's so good about them? Are they worth the 190 eur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭Sponsorgate

ttc028 wrote: »
    Now £189 on Amazon.

Sold out at that price it appears now. Thought about it too long..uuurrrgghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

editorsean wrote: »
    Amazon now has the Sony MDR-100ABN Bluetooth high resolution noise cancelling headphones for £150 today. They don't list it on their Black Friday Sale page, but the price has dropped from £230 overnight, likely due to Amazon matching someone else's Black Friday deal. ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-100ABN-Resolution-Cancelling-Headphones-Black/dp/B01EANK8ZO

The following is the 3Camel's price history:

kZoYzx7.png

When I tried purchasing these, Amazon tried recommend me buy the Sony MDR-1000X instead, which they do list on their Black Friday deal's page.

The main reason I chose these over the MDR-1000X (besides the price) is there are far fewer reports of headband cracking issues. I had a few headphones ruined in the past with the headband cracking after a few years of usage, which put me off the MDR-1000X. As with the MDR-1000X, the MDR-100ABN support the higher fidelity aptX and LDAC codecs, which require an aptX or LDAC capable Bluetooth source.

Bought a like new pair just now for 112 GBP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Sony WH-1000XM2 Are out January 1st 2018

at £329.99 price tag, no thank you, probably worth waiting till next Black Friday :)

Anyway ordered 1000X, hopefully will live up to expectations.

Whats the difference between MDR1000 & MDR1000XB.CE7 models?

Cant see any obvious by googling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Whats the difference between MDR1000 & MDR1000XB.CE7 models?

Cant see any obvious by googling

I think it's just the code for the black colour 1000x version.

john4321 wrote: »
    I think it's just the code for the black colour 1000x version.

Bought a pair in Harvey Norman for 249 now

Not the deal that was on Amazon earlier but still a good price i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Bought a pair in Harvey Norman for 249 now

Not the deal that was on Amazon earlier but still a good price i think

Can you let us know what you think of them?

Ordered a pair on Amazon warehouse will be waiting a while to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

which.co.uk seems to say MDR-1000X (56%) is not anywhere near as good as the MDR-100ABN (78%)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭editorsean

Are the headphones good I just want a loud pair of Bluetooth headphones with noise canceling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sony mdr 1000x €219 at dublin airport.

Which is better these song headphones or beats studio 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

which.co.uk seems to say MDR-1000X (56%) is not anywhere near as good as the MDR-100ABN (78%)

1000x are the superior headphones in performance. Consumer reports are showing such a disparity because of the reported problem with the headband cracking on the 1000x.

1000x are the superior headphones in performance. Consumer reports are showing such a disparity because of the reported problem with the headband cracking on the 1000x.

What’s the difference between the 1000x & 1000xm2 are they worth the upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Not according to the review. No mention of issues with the headband. Which is a review site, not a consumer reporting site.

Not according to the review. No mention of issues with the headband. Which is a review site, not a consumer reporting site.

OK I have no idea what that site is but most reviews I have seen put them as the far superior headphones.

The widespread issues reported everywhere though put me right off.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=1000x+headband+cracking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Plastics on mine broke within 10 days if that helps anyone looking at these.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Klopp

I've been looking at the Sony MDR-1000X & Sony 1000XM2 - the 1000x seem to be the better option in reviews for overall performance and not just price wise. My main use would be in work and the gym. The only negative to find is the plastic breaks quite easily which are mentioned above.

Anyone know if the M2 is more durable?

Klopp wrote: »
    I've been looking at the Sony MDR-1000X & Sony 1000XM2 - the 1000x seem to be the better option in reviews for overall performance and not just price wise. My main use would be in work and the gym. The only negative to find is the plastic breaks quite easily which are mentioned above.

Anyone know if the M2 is more durable?

Just read the two posts above your own?

• Advertisement

Just read the two posts above your own?

Why didn't i think of that before :rolleyes:

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I have my mdr-1000x since September. No issues with build quality. Best headphones I've ever owned.

Great thank you. Hopefully there's a few more here who own a pair and can provide their feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Would also like to hear some feedback from owners here.

Will be flying out of Dublin in April, if I picked up a pair of the 1000X in the airport, and the plastic band breaks after some weeks/months of use, would I be entitled to a replacement set/refund?

Mine seem sturdy enough so far since December but the audio drop out when on the move is annoying me.

sweetie wrote: »
    Mine seem sturdy enough so far since December but the audio drop out when on the move is annoying me.

Can you give more detail on what you're doing when it drops out?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

so its just ME who thinks that 300 quid for a pair of earphones is a little bit mad??

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

so its just ME who thinks that 300 quid for a pair of earphones is a little bit mad??

:D:D:D

You won't be investing in the Audeze LCD 4 then.

Klopp wrote:
    Can you give more detail on what you're doing when it drops out?

I mainly use them outside on the go, walking home, Dublin bikes, going for lunch etc. Had a jabra and plantronics before these and never happened on either in similar situations albeit on a moto g5 as opposed to a One plus 5 I got around the same time as the headphones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement