Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property buying solicitor recommend

Options
  • 20-06-2017 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

can anybody recommend property buying solicitor in Dublin 15 area please? I tried to contact couple of solicitors It feels like they are charging too much really.

Please advise

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

memomtoo wrote: »
    can anybody recommend property buying solicitor in Dublin 15 area please? I tried to contact couple of solicitors It feels like they are charging too much really.

Please advise

How much is too much?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

How much is too much?

someone quoted 2750 , is it fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Sono

Yes that is fair even though it doesn't seem like it! Think we paid around €2400 last April.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,433 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

You must break the conveyancing costs into the following

prof fee
    +23% VAT
    + outlays
    = total

2750 for a total figure is not very high, although not low either.

2750 for a prof fee is very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Ours was €2290 all in including registry costs etc. She was very helpful, when our surveyors report came in she called me pretty much straight away to put my mind at rest regarding the report, explained what would happen next and how the whole deal should play out. Based in Tallaght and came highly reccomended, PM me if needed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

You can only really compare prof fees. Everything else is statutory or based on what type of registry is required. I paid 950 fees recently for a very good solicitor (very quick replying to emails and scanned everything he received ASAP). Remember, the only job a conveyancing solicitor is required to do is make sure that you are the legal owner of the property in question. Everything else is bells and whistles. You only have to meet the solicitor once so look outside your locality. PM me if you want the name of the one I used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

BBMcQ wrote: »
    You can only really compare prof fees. Everything else is statutory or based on what type of registry is required. I paid 950 fees recently for a very good solicitor (very quick replying to emails and scanned everything he received ASAP). Remember, the only job a conveyancing solicitor is required to do is make sure that you are the legal owner of the property in question. Everything else is bells and whistles. You only have to meet the solicitor once so look outside your locality. PM me if you want the name of the one I used.

I'd consider a title search and all the rest to be a hell of a lot more than bells and whistles. I know someone who got caught with a property which had a lein on it for 100k of unpaid service charges. You need a decent solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Striker10

Can you please send me the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

pwurple wrote: »

I'd consider a title search and all the rest to be a hell of a lot more than bells and whistles. I know someone who got caught with a property which had a lein on it for 100k of unpaid service charges. You need a decent solicitor.

I would consider the title search central to the conveyancing work. How can they guarantee you own the property without a title search? My 950 euro solicitor ruled out all and any outstanding charges on closing. My "family" solicitor wanted 2750 fees... I politely declined. An expensive solicitor does not make a good solicitor. A lot of the time you are paying for their "premium location".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Abbooo2000

I would be interested if you can pm the details please. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Get a number of quotes (ideally by recommendation) and DO NOT go with the cheapest, unless highly recommended. The cheaper end of this market is saturated with work and if you have anything even slightly out of the ordinary the solicitor will simply recommend not going through with the sale meaning you lose money on the process up-until that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Abbooo2000

Ours was €2290 all in including registry costs etc. She was very helpful, when our surveyors report came in she called me pretty much straight away to put my mind at rest regarding the report, explained what would happen next and how the whole deal should play out. Based in Tallaght and came highly reccomended, PM me if needed!

I would appreciate if you can pm me her details plz

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DOD555

Hey, could you PM me details please. Thanks.

Advertisement