Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGG V Canelo - Sept 16th( See First post for Info on How to Watch)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canelo KO
    Mr.Ed wrote: »
    I was looking at heading to the Eubank Jr fight in Stuttgart but if it's free on TV I mightn't bother

Is the fight on tv? No. Fook it, I'll head on over to catch it...

What a life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

GGG KO
    Didn't know that any word on which ones? I was looking at heading to the Eubank Jr fight in Stuttgart but if it's free on TV I mightn't bother

The Eubank fight is on ITV Box Office, same with Groves/Cox. The Usyk fight isn't on live as far as I can tell, but will be on ITV on-demand afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr.Ed

walshb wrote: »
    Is the fight on tv? No. Fook it, I'll head on over to catch it...

What a life!

Haha it does sound bad when you put it like that! But I've actually wanted to catch a live Eubank Jr fight for a couple of years now and Ryanair are flying to Stuttgart now so I was just looking around a flights and stuff lately

I think he should get through the fight though and hopefully I can catch one of his next across the pond!

Canelo KO
    Haha it does sound bad when you put it like that! !

Actually, life sounds good when put like that!

Actually, life sounds good when put like that!

Very True! Anyway back to GGG v Canelo, any more mention of Canelos supposed injury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Canelo Points
    Didn't know that any word on which ones? I was looking at heading to the Eubank Jr fight in Stuttgart but if it's free on TV I mightn't bother

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-09-05/itv-box-office-to-screen-world-boxing-super-series/
    I'm hoping Perez v Breidis will on ITV4.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

Canelo Points
    Cannot wait for this one - has been a long time coming. ANyone know what time are they expected into the ring ?

Canelo Points
    I decided to have a look to see if I could find anything about an injury. I found that thread on reddit and a poster reminded me of Canelo's swollen hand when posing for pics with Golovkin after the Chavez jr fight. I don't think there's anything in the rumor though. People would be pissed but I don't think DLH would chance it if he wasn't fully fit for action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Canelo Points
    GGG looking in the shape of his life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Canelo KO
    Yeah Golovkin looking much better than the little flabby version during the open workout...probably a little shopped but impressive and promising:

dyth0q5m2okz.jpg

Meanwhile, Canelo looking equally monstrous:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BYv6SgvAPnH/

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    Burial. wrote: »
    Yeah Golovkin looking much better than the little flabby version during the open workout...probably a little shopped but impressive and promising:

dyth0q5m2okz.jpg

Meanwhile, Canelo looking equally monstrous:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BYv6SgvAPnH/

Why would GGG picture be Photoshoped? It's very clearly not, it's not hard to lose alot of pounds in a month if your training 24/7

8 pounds in 2 weeks is very realistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Canelo KO

One of the worst 'articles' I've ever read. Did that lad just come from the local pub?

megadodge wrote: »
    One of the worst 'articles' I've ever read. Did that lad just come from the local pub?

He just kept repeating the same point in every paragraph just changing the wording :confused:

Canelo KO
    Boxingnews24 is ran by the one guy I'm convinced. He has different names under articles but after a few minutes you can tell it's the same guy based on the exact same writing style and the same drivel he goes on about. Whoever it is anyway has a very limited grasp on the sport of Boxing.

Canelo KO
    Why would GGG picture be Photoshoped? It's very clearly not, it's not hard to lose alot of pounds in a month if your training 24/7

8 pounds in 2 weeks is very realistic

Well there's a filter on it for one and there's obviously some added lighting or something to it. If it's edited that much then what's stopping them from making him more defined etc. I know it's fairly handy to shed weight, I've done it myself before fights...still doesn't mean it's not shopped.

Well there's a filter on it for one and there's obviously some added lighting or something to it. If it's edited that much then what's stopping them from making him more defined etc. I know it's fairly handy to shed weight, I've done it myself before fights...still doesn't mean it's not shopped.

Every fighter is the same just look at any big fighters pics that they put out on Twitter or social media, they always have the best angle/best lighting etc. everything to make them look as impressive as they can!

No photo-shopping on Golovkins forearms though, freakishly big he's like Popeye!

Canelo Points
    I recommend y'all check out 'The Fight City' if only to increase traffic to the site. The articles are really good in my opinion but I'd say there's only an average of 2 relevant write-ups posted per week. It's also the home of Lee Wylie..the guy that creates those awesome fight/fighter break-downs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

So i gather this fight isn't available to buy if you'v got Eir sport, have BN free with the package but that's not covering this fight. From what i can tell only available if you have Sky or Virgin.

Canelo KO
    megadodge wrote: »

Yeh, it was a bit out there. About 5 times too long as well.

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    So i gather this fight isn't available to buy if you'v got Eir sport, have BN free with the package but that's not covering this fight. From what i can tell only available if you have Sky or Virgin.
    BoxNation subscribers get it as part of the package. Everyone else has to buy it but I'm still not sure if it's available across the board whether you have a sports pack or not. As a Virgin Media customer I'll find out Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

GGG KO
    Fight week...oh baby!

Canelo KO
    Golovkin's aul doll give birth to a daughter last Friday. Amazing commitment. Wouldn't surprise me he retires if he wins next weekend and it'd be some way to go out. He said the wife has been nagging him about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

Golovkin's aul doll give birth to a daughter last Friday. Amazing commitment. Wouldn't surprise me he retires if he wins next weekend and it'd be some way to go out. He said the wife has been nagging him about it.

He is only starting to make serious money now . No doubt he keeps going.

If he can get the winner of Saunders v Monroe for the last MW strap I can see him calling it a day, unifying the division is what he's always talked about and if he achieves it there really isn't much left to prove

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Canelo Points
    Any link to 24/7 p2?

Canelo Points
    For GGG-Canelo 24/7...

https://www.proxysite.com/
    Change to US server
    copy and paste URL
    episode 1: https://youtu.be/QrdGoqt_Wv4
    episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNHDAf0pdAk

Canelo Points
    I don't think you can underplay how big a step up this is for Canelo.

DJc3YV_UEAIIJnC.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Canelo KO
    Morrison J wrote: »

If you're basing that comment purely on their relative opposition I'd have to seriously disagree.

If you're talking ability, size, style etc. then that's an entirely different issue. Canelo has faced better opposition than Golovkin.

• Advertisement

Morrison J wrote: »

Canelo's best win without doubt is Cotto who do you pick as Golovkins from that line up??

Advertisement