Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGG V Canelo - Sept 16th( See First post for Info on How to Watch)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Canelo Points
    Morrison J wrote: »
    No it's not. Canelo stumbled from almost one end of the ring to the other. He was obviously hurt but cleared the cobwebs and recovered well.

Go to 1.30 and watch it again.

Ya he was defo hurt there to be fair theres no questioning that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Canelo Points
    megadodge wrote: »
    Christ you sure love to exaggerate. Thanks for embedding the proof of it.

"Stumbled from almost one end of the ring to the other" :confused::confused::confused:

Aye it's quite clear. Dunno why your in denial.

And you're making me out to be some GGG fanboy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭megadodge

Canelo KO
    Aye it's quite clear. Dunno why your in denial.

And you're making me out to be some GGG fanboy...

That's because you are. It's quite clear. Dunno why you're in denial.

Canelo Points
    That's because you are. It's quite clear. Dunno why you're in denial.

Couldn't care less tbf.

I think Ward beats him, think Charlo gives him fits, think Saunders gives him some problems. Yet I'm a fanboy just because I think he's all wrong for Canelo? Fair enough.

If you're denying that Canelo was hurt in that clip then I think you're being a bit hypocritical anyway.

Canelo KO
    Couldn't care less tbf.

I think Ward beats him, think Charlo gives him fits, think Saunders gives him some problems. Yet I'm a fanboy just because I think he's all wrong for Canelo? Fair enough.

If you're denying that Canelo was hurt in that clip then I think you're being a bit hypocritical anyway.

This is all to do with the kind of language you use every time you speak of Alvarez. You just can't stop yourself from using some kind of dismissive, derogatory and negative-tinted terminology about one of the best boxers on the planet. And you've been very consistent right throughout the thread. I've already highlighted some of it. It wasn't just a drunken Saturday night type of thing.

That type of behaviour can understandably colour others opinion of you.

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    This is all to do with the kind of language you use every time you speak of Alvarez. You just can't stop yourself from using some kind of dismissive, derogatory and negative-tinted terminology about one of the best boxers on the planet. And you've been very consistent right throughout the thread. I've already highlighted some of it. It wasn't just a drunken Saturday night type of thing.

That type of behaviour can understandably colour others opinion of you.

Well maybe if you weren't such a Canelo fanboy it wouldn't annoy you so much?

Canelo KO
    Well maybe if you weren't such a Canelo fanboy it wouldn't annoy you so much?

You see, you don't even deny doing it.

And then you wonder why I've reached the conclusions I have?

Canelo Points
    You see, you don't even deny doing it.

And then you wonder why I've reached the conclusions I have?

Well I stand by absolutely everything I've said in this thread. Up to you if you want to take it badly.

I'll hold my hands up tomorrow when the karma inevitably strikes and GGG gets chinned inside 3.

Canelo KO
    Well I stand by absolutely everything I've said in this thread. Up to you if you want to take it badly.

I'll hold my hands up tomorrow when the charma inevitably strikes and GGG gets chinned inside 3.

Fair enough, even though I doubt that result. Should be a long fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Canelo Points
    The little nagging thing in the back of my mind since the very idea of a GGG Canelo fight has been that we seen Saul take a great shot get stunned briefly look a tad shakey and recover well all inside the space of 10 to 15 seconds however it was round 1 when he was at his freshest.

would he show the same levels of recovery after 7 or 8 tough rounds? it remains to be seen.

He was pretty green back in 2010 though so that's a big factor too. He's improved a lot since then, how much he's improved again remains to be seen.

It really is such an intriguing fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Canelo KO
    Watching the weigh in tonight I think Canelo looks in tremendous physical shape, but is also a smaller man than GGG. I think Canelo should avoid trying to bulk up to much before fight time, his advantages are in his boxing ability, counter punching and movement.

His strategy should be to outbox GGG for 8/9 rounds and if the opportunity presents itself to finish it in the championship rounds, Canelo should take it.

I believe that it will be very difficult for GGG to win by decision, given that the judges will give anything close in favour of Canelo.

My prediction remains the same. Canelo by decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Canelo Points
    Jaysus thisthread got fierce bitchy! Put the handbags down lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Canelo Points
    What time will the fight start at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Canelo KO
    What time will the fight start at?

Around 4am.

Canelo KO
    Many opponents have been able to do the right thing in patches against Golovkin. The reason he's unbeaten is that nobody has been capable of sustaining it for 12 full rounds.

Canelo KO
    Was watching GGG-Jacobs again the other day. Jacob's looked even bigger than I remembered, very long and rangy. If Golovkin was able to make his jab work with Jacobs, I wonder how a shorter man like Canelo is going to deal with it? He is a decent counterpuncher but that's risky against the likes of Golovkin. This isn't Khan or Liam Smith he's timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Can this be booked on virgin?

The boxnation website says it can be and that you can do through on demand (remote control) but I can't see it.

Worried it's just for UK Virgin media customers, can anyone help?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 56,237 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canelo KO
    theballz wrote: »
    Can this be booked on virgin?

The boxnation website says it can be and that you can do through on demand (remote control) but I can't see it.

Worried it's just for UK Virgin media customers, can anyone help?

Thanks

Post 260 on page 18 lays it out.

http://www.boxnation.com/canelo-ggg/

Canelo KO
    Just realizing that only Boxnation subscribers get the BJS fight on Sky 437 from 1900 hrs.

Ok, my Boxnation channel 437 shows listed, live Saunders v Monroe from 2030 hrs this evening, which seems to contradict my sentence above. I am not a Boxnation subscriber. I get it via Sky/BT combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

walshb wrote: »

On my mobile, visited that page but still a little confused?

Do I need to order BT!?!

• Advertisement

Canelo KO

Do I need to order BT!?!

No. From what I can tell you order it via your remote control on your Virgin Media tv package. Same with Sky. You do not need to have BT sports.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Anyone else having problems signing up to BoxNation online?

I've tried a few times with both a Credit and Visa Card and both times I get
    Your transaction was declined. Please try again or try another card.

Canelo KO
    Best ringing them. I find them very helpful to deal with. I think it's still paywizard they use, and I found it quite temperamental.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Canelo Points
    walshb wrote: »

Do I need to order BT!?!
    I cant order it via my remote. I think I read that this is because I am a VM customer with no sport's package at all? I signed up to Boxnation online this morning. Something like £12 a month and there is a £4 surcharge. Will cancel it tomorrow again after I've watched the fight. All seems to have gone smoothly and watched both 24/7 episodes on it online today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

What did you put in the coupon section Maravilla?

I had nothing in it and was getting an error message saying what I'd put in was invalid so I put in NA and ended up getting a message saying
    The transaction was declined. Please contact support.

I gave them a ring a couple of times too WalshB but all lines are engaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Canelo Points
    I had nothing in the coupon section and got an error twice. 3rd time it went through. It did all seem a bit glitchy but eventually got a confirmation msg that payment had gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr.Ed

Might be a lot of people trying to sign up today for the fight I'd say keep trying and it will eventually go through I had to try twice yesterday to get it to process bit of a glitchy site

Canelo KO
    I cant order it via my remote. I think I read that this is because I am a VM customer with no sport's package at all? I signed up to Boxnation online this morning. Something like £12 a month and there is a £4 surcharge. Will cancel it tomorrow again after I've watched the fight. All seems to have gone smoothly and watched both 24/7 episodes on it online today.

I wouldn't cancel it..great value.

Canelo KO
    May be of use for information and ordering!

http://www.boxnation.com/support/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Canelo KO
    Apparently the late money in Vegas is coming in on Alvarez, which seems to be reflected in some price drops in the UK market, particularly on a late round stoppage for Alvarez.

Advertisement