Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGG V Canelo - Sept 16th( See First post for Info on How to Watch)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

The farce many predicted for MayMac was delivered tonight.

Fairly poor fight early on. First 4 rounds not a lot of action. Canelo gassed badly as it progressed, lot of tippy-tappy arm punches, GGG felt he had no power so walked him down and dominated him easily winning 8-4. Enter Mrs. Byrd with her 118-110 from a brown envelope...

Farcical stuff.

Can't see how you could say canelo landed tippy tappy arm punches all night, thought he landed alot more meaningful shots, while golovkin was more content to stalk canelo and just jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

I only saw rounds 9-12 but for me Canelo won all of those rounds. Rounds 10,11 and 12 can't really be up for any debate either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

snowflaker wrote: »
    She's in someone's pocket.

No, shes just completely incompetent....and also racist. Any fight with a South American vs a not, the South american wins. Any fight with a black fighter vs not,, the black fighter wins. You can go through her entire career and see it over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Canelo Points
    Pissed off with the draw. I had Canelo by a round 115 to 114.

How can anyone with 1 round in it be pissed off by a draw???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

jonon9 wrote: »
    Are you kidding? This fight was alot better than that **** show MayMac.

I thought it was extremely poor for large parts of the fight.

Show me some highlights from Rounds 1-4? There won't be many.

From Round 5 on, GGG was just walking him down and there were plenty of wild exchanges with both men missing.

It was an improvement on Canelo-Chavez for sure but that's an extremely low hurdle to clear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

everlast75 wrote: »
    The irony of Golden Boy saying McGregor Mayweather was making a mockery of boxing and him being the promoter of this sham...

Sham? You clearly watch very little boxing as you seem unable to score a fight properly, you don't win rounds by just walking forward and stalking, you have to actually land punches which Canelo did far cleaner then Golovkin, A really good fight a fair result one very poor card but i tend to look at the overall results in these things which in this case was perfect imo. If it was a robbery everyone in here would be saying so however several are saying they had drawn cards nothing wrong with the result.

Canelo Points

From Round 5 on, GGG was just walking him down and there were plenty of wild exchanges with both men missing.

It was an improvement on Canelo-Chavez for sure but that's an extremely low hurdle to clear.

Sure Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Canelo Points
    This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Vegas is built on this type of stuff, house wins clean sweep then gets the lot again in a rematch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Canelo Points

You claimed McGregor would easily beat Canelo - in a boxing match. Your word is dirt when it comes to boxing. Zero credibility. A laughing stock.

I do quite like your MMA posts though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Draw
    Rd 6 and 12 were great

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Canelo Points
    megadodge wrote: »
    That's as bad as the judge who gave Canelo 118-110.
    I'm drunk..what's their excuse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Canelo KO
    I didn't watch Box Nation feed. GGG is a Box Nation fighter and they wanted him for BJS.

It was a great fight.

The Box Nation commentators we're disgustingly bias. It sounded like they we cuming in their pants while taking about the fight. All for GGG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

Canelo KO
    This is a classic case of watching it again with the sound off. Consistent pressure but landing little v less output but landing cleanly.

If that was Mayweather making GGG miss, there'd be people fawning over his defense and giving him rounds just for not being hit. It's amazing how people's perspectives change depending who's actually fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Canelo Points
    pac_man wrote: »
    Morrison J wrote: »
    **** boxing.

What an absolute joke. Loads predicted it before the fight. GGG had to get the KO. All proven correct. Clearly won that fight.

Fair play to Canelo. Great chin and far better stamina than I expected. His feet lost him that fight and clear though.

Disgrace.

How did you score it?
    116-112 Golovkin. Disgusting scorecard by Byrd. Needs banning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

You claimed McGregor would easily beat Canelo - in a boxing match. Your word is dirt when it comes to boxing. Zero credibility. A laughing stock.

I do quite like your MMA posts though :)

Canelo landed cleanly on GGG and he laughed it off. Anyone saying Canelo would walk through Conor inside a round is delusional. Conor has a granite chin it'd be the same story as Floyd - 10 rounds of getting jabbed before the ref saves Conor from his own chin!!

Anyway, still hilarious that the sham many predicted came true here. 118-110 and a 114-114 if you don't think that's a convenient farce I have a bridge to sell you. At least Floyd delivered upon his word and went for the kill and got the kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

Canelo Points
    This is a classic case of watching it again with the sound off. Consistent pressure but landing little v less output but landing cleanly.

If that was Mayweather making GGG miss, there'd be people fawning over his defense and giving him rounds just for not being hit. It's amazing how people's perspectives change depending who's actually fighting.

Happy with the draw. Gave it to GGG by a couple, said above I thought judges might give it to Canelo. But its that 118-110. Not to be repetitive but that is disgusting. Had it been 115-113 and a draw I don't blink and am asleep by now

Canelo Points

Canelo Points

1-4 builds the fight, they are getting into it, GGG was the slower fighter into it, but it was setting up nicely. Act 1, if you will. Rocky aint real, no one fights like that.

It was the best fight I saw this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Canelo landed cleanly on GGG and he laughed it off. Anyone saying Canelo would walk through Conor inside a round is delusional. Conor has a granite chin it'd be the same story as Floyd - 10 rounds of getting jabbed before the ref saves Conor from his own chin!!

Anyway, still hilarious that the sham many predicted came true here. 118-110 and a 114-114 if you don't think that's a convenient farce I have a bridge to sell you. At least Floyd delivered upon his word and went for the kill and got the kill.

You seem to forget that was not the full Floyd Mayweather fighting Conor that night, That was Floyd just going through the basic motions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Canelo KO
    How can anyone with 1 round in it be pissed off by a draw???

You are a snow flake. Have you ever heard of betting by any chance.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭megadodge

Canelo KO
    pac_man wrote: »
    In fairness, all the lads in the studio (apart from Jim) predicted Canelo would win before the fight. I did find the commentary to be a bit pro Golovkin but I wouldn't imagine Barry Jones is a company man that had an agenda.

I have great time for Barry Jones myself. Generally have very little issue with his commentary, but I really thought he was only looking at one man for most of the fight. As I said earlier, rather than mention Alvarez landing punches he was more inclined to point out how well Golovkin took the punches. Taking punches doesn't win fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Draw
    what % of bets would've been on the draw?

Canelo Points

Canelo would kill him. lets not even go there.

Canelo Points
    I streamed the..'Vivo' stream? with Doug Fischer...I don't know if I can say they were being biased but jesus christo? GGG cutting off he ring, pressuring..I was sure Alvarez was going in the 6th..maybe 7th. I saw what Canelo was doing but it seemed to me it was exactly how people feared it would go...flashy combos etc..while G barely flinched.

Canelo Points
    I have great time for Barry Jones myself. Generally have very little issue with his commentary, but I really thought he was only looking at one man for most of the fight. As I said earlier, rather than mention Alvarez landing punches he was more inclined to point out how well Golovkin took the punches. Taking punches doesn't win fights.

taking punches loses rounds!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

1-4 builds the fight, they are getting into it, GGG was the slower fighter into it, but it was setting up nicely. Act 1, if you will. Rocky aint real, no one fights like that.

It was the best fight I saw this year.

Did you miss AJ v Wlad?

It was a good fight at the highest level incredible pace they kept up but not a foty winner.

Canelo Points

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Gave it to GGG by 2 rounds, but not at all shocked by the overall result.

The 118-110 scorecard though was downright inexplicable.

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    horrible...and why bother biggin' up boxing after MayFarce if that's how it's gonna be?

Advertisement