Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGG V Canelo - Sept 16th( See First post for Info on How to Watch)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Canelo Points
    I feel the opposite tbh. I thought the fight itself lived up to expectations. I've watched it three times and will probably watch it a couple more times before the rematch.

A very good fight ruined by very poor judging unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Canelo Points
    I thought the last fight was pretty good if not explosive. This time round I see GGG going for it even more and getting the KO. I'm excited for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

GGG KO
    Keep them tacos in a vault!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canelo KO
    I see another points decision.....for who I have no idea. Expect a close fight. Their styles and talent only allow for a close fight, barring the KO/TKO, of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

GGG KO
    No draw! GGG points.

Canelo Points
    I expect it to be very close, tight and even for 6-8 rounds but as the fight wears on then GGG will really hurl shots. I don't think he will want to allow judges their say. Canelo won't be easy to KO mind you.

Canelo KO
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    Canelo won't be easy to KO mind you.

I think his chin is rock solid, as well as a neat defense, and enough offense to keep GGG honest.

Canelo Points
    Yep I'm not going to argue with that but as Karl Froch put it the best chin in the business is the chin that doesn't get hit. I think GGG will be more aggressive this time around - which will of course open him up a bit too. We've discussed this on another thread but the prospect of these two going at it is very exciting!

GGG KO
    I dont know how he is going to do it, but I want GGG to take this one. He won the first, a KO in this one would be magical.

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    Spike O Sullivan fights Lemieux on the undercard

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

GGG KO
    Try_harder wrote: »

On BT Sports pay per view. Wonder how much they are going to charge for it. Pity BoxNation looks like its on its last legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Try_harder wrote: »

Should be good. Looking forward to that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Draw
    I'd imagine that Warren will drop BoxNation within a year and concentrate on BT totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

Canelo Points
    This fight getting closer. HBO usually do a good fight preview and I believe it is out tomorrow ?

In the meantime this ain;t bad either -Golovkin Vs. Canelo - THE REMATCH: A CLOSER LOOK (2018) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiTVtFea954
    something to whet the appetite!

Can't wait for this rematch. Very hard to call and a very good case can be made for both guys.

Tho- no 'tainted' meat for Canelo this time - will that make a difference? In fairness he looks in superb condition at the moment.

Canelo Points
    I think Canelo is looking a lot smaller in a lot of these training videos now he's off the juice. Will be very interesting to see the comparison come weigh in time.

Canelo Points
    pac_man wrote: »
    Morrison J wrote: »
    I think Canelo is looking a lot smaller in a lot of these training videos now he's off the juice. Will be very interesting to see the comparison come weigh in time.

Yeah it struck me straight away that he is more lean looking this time around. Maybe that's an indication that he's been focusing on endurance and speed as he's carry less muscle mass. I think that's a good route on Canelos part to explore as he's alot quicker than Golovkin and might stop his tendency to gas.
    I think the size of his neck area stands out most. Literally looks half the size it did before. 
    It could be that he's doing it purposely and focusing on endurance or it could be that he's just off the juice and can't transform his body like in most camps. Hard to say for sure.
    Do agree he may be better off leaner in that he needs to remain on the move and stay off the ropes in order to win. I do wonder if he'll take GGG's shots as well looking the way he is though. Doesn't look as solid to me. 
    Between GGG being a year older and Canelo potentially being a diminished fighter off the juice it's very hard to call who'll look better/worse compared to the first fight.

Canelo Points
    I’m all for GGG but I’ve a suspicion that Canelo will get through once too often and he won’t be able to take the shots like before. If Canelo is a fraction faster then he won’t see shots coming as well. I’m hoping to be wrong but I’m starting to fear a 9/10th round ko for Canelo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

GGG KO
    Boxing 24/7 on at 9pm tonight on Bt sports 2.

GGG KO
    All I want, like everyone, a big drama show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

I hope Canelo wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭blade1

GGG KO
    I hope Canelo wins.

I hope GGG wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Canelo Points
    A Golovkin KO win in the mid rounds after a full on tear up would be glorious.

I feel it'll be a much more tentative affair though.

Canelo Points
    Eir Sport One showing the fight

Canelo KO
    Not PPV, which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,284 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I followed boxing very closely for over forty years but don't follow it so closely anymore. I've seen some great ones live and probably every big professional fight on TV over the time I followed the sport closely.
    While I don't follow it closely anymore I do keep an eye on boxers who really entertain and as such have seen most of these guys two fights.
    This fight to me is at the least one of the fights that I've been most excited about in my life. The first fight was an all-time top ten fight imo.

I just can't wait for this, I'm shouting for Golovkin but I won't be sad no matter which of them comes out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chocolatito

Canelo Points
    I think GGG will know there is little chance he'll win on points, even if he deserves the win like the last fight. Which I why I think he'll go for the KO this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

The first fight was a close fight, I still maintain a draw was a very solid result. Sure that one card was God awful but I don't think Golovkin was robbed tbh. Even if Canelo wins clearly I don't think he's getting any credit from a lot of fans because of the sketchy clen pop, Oscar, being the golden boy, the hardcore love for Golovkin among other things. Golovkin is a fine fighter but at his age he's nearly done in the sport, I'd love to see Canelo win and really take off as the biggest star in the sport and start bringing the MW division back into the conversation. Charlo as well has huge potential to give the division some buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Don't mind anybody thinking Canelo wins, but I really can't understand anybody who would want him to win. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

GGG KO
    Limechime wrote: »
    Have a feeling Canelo will win this, he looks leaner and faster, while GGG is another year older. GGG of 2013 would have won quite confortably in my opinion against 2018 Canelo.

He’s not a leaner, he’s just carrying less bulk/muscle.
    Off the juice.
    He has come in a lot lighter than before in the weigh in checks.
    He might not be able to take GGG’s punches as before.

Advertisement