Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGG V Canelo - Sept 16th( See First post for Info on How to Watch)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Canelo Points
    Mr.Ed wrote: »
    I think you might have misread, I said he's in slight decline and that Canelo is fighting him before he declines massively and that is used to take any merit away from Canelo if he wins

Basically a W for Canelo here is a massive statement where it might not be in a year or two if GGG starts to slow down

I think GGG stops Canelo in 7/8 for what it's worth

Sorry I re-read your comment now and I completely misread it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr.Ed

Sorry I re-read your comment now and I completely misread it.

No hassle! How long do you think Canelo will last in there with Golovkin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Sweet Science

I've now changed my mind and think GGG will stop him around round 8-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Canelo Points
    No hassle! How long do you think Canelo will last in there with Golovkin?

I think Canelo has improved alot since his loss to Mayweather but I can't see it going past 9. I'd like to see Canelo come out and force the pace in the first couple of rounds to try to throw G off, all this while avoiding taking big damage.

I'm so looking forward to this fight though that I sort of want to just view it without bias.

I think Canelo has improved alot since his loss to Mayweather but I can't see it going past 9. I'd like to see Canelo come out and force the pace in the first couple of rounds to try to throw G off, all this while avoiding taking big damage.

I'm so looking forward to this fight though that I sort of want to just view it without bias.

I think everyone want's to see a shootout, Personally I'd love to see Canelo land big early on and then we can see if his power is all it's made out to be!

I was at the Jacobs fight and you see a lot more than the perspective you get on TV but Golovkins footwork and the way he corners off and pressurises fighters is unbelievable to see.

I can see Canelo struggling with the pace after 6/7 and one place you don't want to be against GGG is with your back to the ropes looking for a breather

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    I think everyone want's to see a shootout, Personally I'd love to see Canelo land big early on and then we can see if his power is all it's made out to be!

I was at the Jacobs fight and you see a lot more than the perspective you get on TV but Golovkins footwork and the way he corners off and pressurises fighters is unbelievable to see.

I can see Canelo struggling with the pace after 6/7 and one place you don't want to be against GGG is with your back to the ropes looking for a breather

This is the first time I am going to see GGG live I'm looking forward to getting that perspective. I think the pace GGG presses will be the issue for Canelo like you said. Thing is if Canelo is really injured will he be able to unload?

This is the first time I am going to see GGG live I'm looking forward to getting that perspective. I think the pace GGG presses will be the issue for Canelo like you said. Thing is if Canelo is really injured will he be able to unload?

Haven't heard much about this injury other than it's supposedly his right hand, if it's true I'd be worried for Canelo his jab is not enough to deter GGG coming forward.

It's great to see him in action live only downside is Chocolatito getting robbed against Wangek on the Jacobs undercard so you won't get to see him as well

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

Canelo Points
    Can I ask where people were/are seeing Canelo is injured? Mr.Ed, look no further than next weekend. Ye lucky bastards by the way!

Canelo Points
    I read it on the boxing forum on reddit , no details all very sketchy.

hbhook wrote: »
    Can I ask where people were/are seeing Canelo is injured? Mr.Ed, look no further than next weekend. Ye lucky bastards by the way!

Unfortunately I'm not getting to see this one in the flesh, slightly raging to be honest!

I've only seen a couple of people on youtube comment sections and twitter mentioning the injury definitely no 100% concrete evidence or anything

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    Unfortunately I'm not getting to see this one in the flesh, slightly raging to be honest!

I've only seen a couple of people on youtube comment sections and twitter mentioning the injury definitely no 100% concrete evidence or anything

Cheers guys. All I want is for this to be controversy free. I don't mind a close, debatable decision.

The timing's really good on this now. I could see and agree with what GBP were doing it's just I'd been though 5 years of lying and marination. Plus the ''You can't fight Billy Bollox Saunders because it will interfere with our fight'' was silly. So I hope it's competitive enough for a rematch which will gain more attention/fans but I also kind want GGG to brutalize him.

Canelo Points
    Cheers guys. All I want is for this to be controversy free. I don't mind a close, debatable decision.

The timing's really good on this now. I could see and agree with what GBP were doing it's just I'd been though 5 years of lying and marination. Plus the ''You can't fight Billy Bollox Saunders because it will interfere with our fight'' was silly. So I hope it's competitive enough for a rematch which will gain more attention/fans but I also kind want GGG to brutalize him.

I think it gets a decent PPV on it's merits.

I agree with you though too much crap on the lead up to this one, plus regardless of the numbers it's going to be significantly less than the social media storm around the Mayweather farce. It's such a pity that the boxing world cant drum up that type of circus for what should be one of the best fights in years.

Canelo Points
    Ya that's the thing. I don't know what tv in the US is like but if only people that have HBO are seeing this promotion then it's not enough. Same with ESPN. They should have these guys out and about promoting. Within reason of course.

Also, that's probably the main reason I was disappointed to see Wladimir retire. With him and his rematch with AJ went another injection of enthusiasm into the sport. It might have also finished off a great year for boxing...

I think Lomachenko v Rigondeaux is on tap for December....

Ya that's the thing. I don't know what tv in the US is like but if only people that have HBO are seeing this promotion then it's not enough. Same with ESPN. They should have these guys out and about promoting. Within reason of course.

Also, that's probably the main reason I was disappointed to see Wladimir retire. With him and his rematch with AJ went another injection of enthusiasm into the sport. It might have also finished off a great year for boxing...

I think Lomachenko v Rigondeaux is on tap for December....

I thought Loma v Rigo was already confirmed for December? I might be wrong now but I was sure I saw that somewhere

Canelo Points
    I thought Loma v Rigo was already confirmed for December? I might be wrong now but I was sure I saw that somewhere
    Bob says it's in the final stages. I'm not sure how to feel about that one. Rigo's giving up a lot of weight but on the other hand he's getting his big name at last. If you think Loma is a big name that is.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think it gets a decent PPV on it's merits.

I agree with you though too much crap on the lead up to this one, plus regardless of the numbers it's going to be significantly less than the social media storm around the Mayweather farce. It's such a pity that the boxing world cant drum up that type of circus for what should be one of the best fights in years.

According to Wikipedia Canelo v Chavez did 1.2m buys which I would think to be pretty impressive. Hopefully they'll be able to do the same for this one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canelo KO
    This will or should beat the non fight that was Canelo/Chavez. Globally this fight is far superior..it's a global event..

I am backing close to 2 million...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭megadodge

Canelo KO
    Edit: ignore

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Canelo Points
    Eddy Reynoso comes across as a cool character. It's the first time I've heard him speak for any real length of time.

• Advertisement

Really builds the excitement for the fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canelo KO
    Canelo reminds me of Wayne Rooney. Very similar look about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

A shop worn Glovokin vs Canelo. Makes this more of a 50/50 contest now. GGG could suddenly get very old in this fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

What time is it on and what channel?

Canelo Points
    This one should be same as usual time wise. 5amish. It's kind of pity they didn't put Lemieux or Matthysse on the undercard. I can't name one fight on there off the top of my head although Diego de la Hoya is featuring. Regardless, there isn't a chance I'm setting an alarm for this one!

An honest post-match interview with James McClean there. I wouldn't expect anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

Canelo KO
    It's a fight that's very difficult to call. I think it will go to a decision, Maybe narrowly in favor of Canelo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I've made up my mind, I think that unless GGG has aged badly overnight that he will win in the later rounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Canelo Points
    I'm backing GGG in 9/10th round when the books open

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Canelo KO
    walshb wrote: »
    Canelo reminds me of Wayne Rooney. Very similar look about them.

Hardly. Canelo is a very good looking man. Wayne Rooney looks like an ankle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Canelo Points
    Burial. wrote: »
    Hardly. Canelo is a very good looking man. Wayne Rooney looks like an ankle.
    Haha

Advertisement