Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work for 13 year old

Options
  • 20-06-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Looking for ideas on how my 13 year old son can do some casual work or volunteering over the summer. He's dropped a note to the local golf clubs to see if he can caddy. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Cutting grass
    Washing cars
    Delivering leaflets www.allhomes.ie
    www.leafletexpress.ie
    www.leafletcompany.ie
    Picking fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭BlinkingLights

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

Grass cutting & car washing are good ideas, thanks.

@BlinkingLights - definitely, just looking for some odd little stuff he can do locally, or indeed if there's any groups who might offer a work-type-experience for that age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,558 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just be very careful with car washing. People have a habit of finding scratches on their cars after other people has washed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

The last thread was nearing the 10k post limit so here's part 3.

The same rules as the last thread apply here. People seem to have strong opinions either way when it comes to McGregor and threads here tend to get a bit heated from time to time. Please keep it civil and discuss all things Conor in a mature way.

Any name-calling, trolling, baiting, or being a general ass-hat will earn you a ban from the thread and possibly the forum.
    If you have an issue with a post, please use the report post function.

Any off topic posts will be deleted.
    Any "Do you even train Bro?" or "I'm an mma fan longer than you" type posts are not permitted either. They only make you look like a fool and as a result, everyone hates you. Yes everyone.

**Upate with Mayweather vs McGregor announced**

Lads consider this the one and only warning - big fight with a lot of hype around it. It brings new fans to the forum as well as the regulars so try and get along. Any trolling or nonsense and people will find themselves on a break from the forum and that applies to everyone.

Yes sir. Understood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

My childminders son got his own lawnmower with his confirmation money and then started going door to door & getting his mam to advertise on the local buy & sell page. He was maybe 13/14.

People initially would contact through the mother and he and his brother would go down and cut and strim the garden for anything between 5 and 15 euro.

You'd see him pushing the mower between estates on a Saturday or Sunday from 9am til 6pm and he made a bomb and was able to save & buy his own clothes etc. I actually got his mam to childmind after they cut my grass as I was so impressed at how hardworking and polite they were!

Just also to mention, I can't express how tempting it is to just let someone cut the grass for 5-10 euro when you're knackered after a weeks work & small kids!

Advertisement