Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warbird over Parkmore ?

Options
  • 20-06-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Any know what aircraft that is currently buzzing Parkmore Industrial estate ?
    Looks like a YAK or something similar ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Any know what aircraft that is currently buzzing Parkmore Industrial estate ?
    Looks like a YAK or something similar ?

Air Corps PC9 training flight around the Airport ,Salthill, Connemara and then North.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Ahhhh was wondering what was going on. Incredibly low pass twice..sounded fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ah training that makes sense. God it's been annoying. I've been in bed sick all day and there has been a constant hum of helicopter/ aeroplane noise. There were some very low passes over my house by a plane today. A helicoptor passed by so low yesterday that I could actually clearly see the people in it. It was definitely Air Corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Ah training that makes sense. God it's been annoying. I've been in bed sick all day and there has been a constant hum of helicopter/ aeroplane noise. There were some very low passes over my house by a plane today. A helicoptor passed by so low yesterday that I could actually clearly see the people in it. It was definitely Air Corp.

God love ya, that was the AIRCORPS112 AW139 Helicopter, its on EAS Duty bringing people to UH Galway that need to get there in a hurry. Thankfully you did not warrant an Emergency Aeromedical Service (EAS) helicopter trip to Hospital..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Psychlops wrote: »
    God love ya, that was the AIRCORPS112 AW139 Helicopter, its on EAS Duty bringing people to UH Galway that need to get there in a hurry. Thankfully you did not warrant an Emergency Aeromedical Service (EAS) helicopter trip to Hospital..

It wasn't a helicopter ALL day today.

The level of sarcasm isn't exactly necessary, is it? I live along that route I hear it regularly, nobody at all resents that service.
    It's not allowed to say a constant engine noise all day is annoying?

• Advertisement
Advertisement