Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2017 General Thread

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Well apparently Lance Armstrong got Johann rang up Dr. Ferrari on stage 15 of the 2000 tour to ask him if Pantani could sustain the pace. Mathematically.

I wonder if Ferrari replied with something along the lines of 'yes he can sustain the pace because he's loaded up with the same juice that you are' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

neris wrote: »

"Chuck Norris has just resigned" :D:D:D:D Class

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

neris wrote: »
    Listening to a podcast with Richard Moore from the tour where hes in a cannondale team car on the Izoard stage and the amount of information and data passed over race radio between team cars and riders is ridiculous. The DS in the car said the teams have apps that can pinpoint their location and give details of distances to key points, gradients etc. Listening to it the race isnt raced on the road its raced in team cars and managed from a drivers seat. Then theres the official race radio which seems to give out too much information to the teams.

All that type of "telemetry" has just about killed the massive interest there once was in F1.
    I hope that cycling isnt heading that way also.
    Radios need to be banned now ... Its killing the sports spontaneity on the road ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

greenspurs wrote: »
    All that type of "telemetry" has just about killed the massive interest there once was in F1.
    I hope that cycling isnt heading that way also.
    Radios need to be banned now ... Its killing the sports spontaneity on the road ....

I agree wholeheartedly ...

Ban radios and power meters and let them race on instinct
    Plus I beleive strong teams will be at less of an advantage this way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Lumen wrote: »
    I think after a few years of Strava and power meters we all know that VAM as a measure of aerobic stress is bullsh¡t.

Hiya Lumen,

Genuine Question - why is that?

At the speeds I climb things VAM is pretty much directly linked to power (apart from the paltry 20 or 30w I need to keep the bike moving and me upright!)

Ta

NMG

• Advertisement
Advertisement