Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2017 General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

Brian? wrote: »
    Porte won't podium.

out of curiousity, who do you think will podium?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

SKY team named

No Poels, Stannard or Kennaugh

https://twitter.com/TeamSky/status/877848363944816641

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

1bryan wrote: »
    out of curiousity, who do you think will podium?

Froome, Quintana.

One of Bardet, Nibali, Valverde, Dan Martin, Aliphillipe or Fuglsang.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

MPFGLB wrote: »
    SKY team named

Interesting. So the only one looking after Froome on the flat is Rowe.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

SKY team named

Some eyebrows on mikel landa. Can't be very aero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

SKY team named

Poels has been injured or ill but said this week that he was all ready to ride the Tour. Can't see this going down well with any 3 of those you mentioned above. Stannard is usually a shoe-in, given the workhorse that he is. Petey is a difficult enough lad to manage, but taking a mountain stage in the Dauphine would have had him believing he was in with a chance. And Poels was their absolute main man last year. Even Froome said himself that he wouldn't have won, but for Poels and the work he did.

Few places suggesting a deal is almost done for a Landa move to Movistar next season.

Interesting. So the only one looking after Froome on the flat is Rowe.

Why do you think he never takes off his glasses?

they/them/theirs

Why do you think he never takes off his glasses?

In fairness most of them don't take off their glasses...

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »

I guess they know what they are doing but not to include Dennis, Sanchez and Hermans is strange to me ( all of who wanted to be there and can TT, climb and good on the rolling terrain )

( I would have included instead of Moinard, De Marchi & Wyss)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I guess they know what they are doing but not to include Dennis, Sanchez and Hermans is strange to me ( all of who wanted to be there and can TT, climb and good on the rolling terrain )

( I would have included instead of Moinard, De Marchi & Wyss)

Well at least TJVG hasn't been picked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

I'd say that TJ's days at BMC are numbered at this stage. He still seems to think he can be a GC contender

I believe the correct acronym is TvG. His name is Tejay. Not Te Jay.

This post has increased the quality of his thread by 17%.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Says the man who questions his own name.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,527 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In the interests of increasing thread quality we need to know if that is pronounced Tay-Vay-Jay? Or Tee-Vee-Gee???

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In the interests of increasing thread quality we need to know if that is pronounced Tay-Vay-Jay? Or Tee-Vee-Gee???

I'm going with Tee-Vee-Gee. Although when I'm talking about him usually call him Teabag.

they/them/theirs

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Question everything.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Hmm. No Zubeldia for Trek. I initially thought he was injured but a look at his twitter suggests otherwise.... lots of broken hearts emoji's! Maybe its a contract thing as Markel Irizar has a contract for next year, Zubeldia does not.

The GCN kiss of death prediction show

• Advertisement

Any one volunteering for stage previews? I'll do stages 1, 4 & 5 in the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

Question everything.

Why?

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Why?

What?

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Why?

Why not?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

I have long since given up on watching professional cycling. The sport has lost all credibility, I don't think anyone can honestly say they believe this year's tour will be clean. If you continue to watch it, You have to put your hands up and accept that drugs are just part of the game and that you don't care. I can't do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I have long since given up on watching professional cycling. The sport has lost all credibility, I don't think anyone can honestly say they believe this year's tour will be clean. If you continue to watch it, You have to put your hands up and accept that drugs are just part of the game and that you don't care. I can't do that.

Good man yourself. Thanks for dropping by.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

Every sport has cheating and always will.

Maybe you'd be better off watching GAA ...oh wait (ask Paul Kimmage)
    Or Rugby....nah ...not clean
    Ok what about tennis ( wait again)

Football ....surely that ...wait...just look at the Festina affair

I know horse racing .....oh dear

Jog on mate with your holier than thou attitude ....and stay in your room as you'll find no sport is as pure as you demand

At least in cycling we have faced up to the reality and tried to make the sport clean...or as clean as any can be ....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would suggest you keep out of this thread (and probably the forum) as if that's your approach I suspect you will have nothing constructive to contribute around here. If you do wish to post please drop me a PM to discuss your intentions first

Everyone else - please ignore that post now

Thanks

• Advertisement

I suspect Eyes Down Field read this

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/paul-kimmage/paul-kimmage-laughing-all-the-way-to-the-blood-bank-35862651.html

An absolute trashing of the Tour ... with no consideration that Tour de Pharmacy is based on years ago, that alot has happened to clean cycling and that alot of riders now I believe ride clean...and the sport is no different to other sports in that regard

No with Kimmage,its still Armstrong era ....cos then its Kimmage era

And why is Philip Deignan the most interesting Irish rider now ...next in line for the Kimmage treatment cos he is married to Lizzie and rides for SKY ?

The old hypocrite is not adverse to making money from trashing cycling and has no regard for measured reporting ...sure where is the story in that ???

How could he get people like Eyes Down Field to wake up to that kind of article ...and I mean wake up and say what a great reporter Kimmage is uncovering all the doping in that dreadful cycling

And alll you worshiping at the alter of Kimmage....see what he does everytime ...he knocks the sport only .....I mean what does he want riders and Comms to do ? Bash out names about with no evidence or make it up ??

Kimmage does not love cycling ...he hates it...and anyone who think otherwise is a fool

Advertisement