Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH install issue

Options
  • 20-06-2017 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

So, ordered my FTTH connection about two weeks ago, got my date sorted (today), the sales rep managed to make a balls of the speed i was looking for in the order even though it was confirmed multiple times during the call (that can be fixed later apparently), I even got a call from a supervisor a couple of days later to ask if i was happy with the service i received!

Received a text this day last week as a reminder of the date and time and a phone call yesterday morning to confirm the same. Good stuff.

Currently sitting at home after taking a day off work waiting for an engineer who was supposed to show up an hour ago at the latest. No phone call, no sign of anyone around, nothing.

At the very least i'd expect a courtesy call to let me know if he is, in fact, running literally multiple hours late or just isn't going to bother showing up at all after i've wasted a days holidays sitting here like an idiot waiting for him.

I know i'm probably wasting my time but that seems to be what dealing with Eir is all about. Far from the first time I've had to deal with this amateur hour stuff with this company but i genuinely thought that maybe they had gotten their act together finally.

Not even sure why i'm posting this other than maybe as a cautionary tale to anyone else who might be considering dealing with Eir for the first time. Just don't, go with literally any other provider available in your area.

Now to await the standard in-thread rep response of "I'm sorry about this. PM your account number so that we can weakly explain how the dog ate our homework once again"!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi lawlolawl,

Unfortunately, I'd have no direct contact with the technician to check where he is, however, if you send me your account number and confirm your full name in a PM, I can double-check to ensure that your appointment is due to go ahead today. Alternatively, if you give our appointments department a ring on 01-5366550 they may be able to check where the technician is for you. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks,
    Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi lawlolawl,

Unfortunately, I'd have no direct contact with the technician to check where he is, however, if you send me your account number and confirm your full name in a PM, I can double-check to ensure that your appointment is due to go ahead today. Alternatively, if you give our appointments department a ring on 01-5366550 they may be able to check where the technician is for you. I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused by this.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Are you for real?

I have an email with the date and time of the installation, a text with the date and time of the installation and i received a phone call yesterday morning to confirm the date and time of the installation. And now you want me to go chasing you again to see if your technician is going to show up to do the job i was told would be started over an hour and a half ago?

Unbelievable.

Just rang the number you gave me and the snippy woman on the phone told me that my appointment was, in fact, an all-day appointment for today which is 9-5.

No one bothered to tell me that at any point but the woman did tell me that that's what it was on your system, which is nice, but seeing as i still haven't seen anyone i'm going to presume it's not going to happen in the next hour and a half or so.

Shambolic.

I do sincerely apologise if you were advised that this will be a morning appointment when you're booked in for an all day appointment.  If your appointment is booked for an all day appointment today, there is no reason why the technician shouldn't turn up. If your service is not installed today, feel free to get back in touch with us here and I'll be able to look into it for you.

Thanks,
    Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    I do sincerely apologise if you were advised that this will be a morning appointment when you're booked in for an all day appointment.  If your appointment is booked for an all day appointment today, there is no reason why the technician shouldn't turn up. If your service is not installed today, feel free to get back in touch with us here and I'll be able to look into it for you.

Thanks,
    Adam
    It's nearly 4 and no one has shown up. I know it won't be installed today. 

The least your technician could do is ring me and let me know that. 

The single worst company i have ever had the misfortune of having to deal with.

EDIT: I am legitimately angry about this. First your sales rep put the wrong speed on my order. Then you appointment department sends out the wrong information to me in three separate communications. Now i have to spend my day trying to find out what is going on with my installation.

Is your company actively trying to prove how utterly incompetent they are or something?

• Advertisement

I am sorry to hear that the technician hasn't turned up yet.

If this is not installed for you today, we will be able to look into it for you tomorrow if you get back in touch. However, at this time, your appointment is still scheduled to go ahead today if you were advised this by our appointments department.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

When I got fttc installed it was done at 6:30 he could turn up yet.

Finally got it sorted out.

Nowhere near the speed advertised. Maybe 50mbps max, more like 25ish most of the time but sure as hell not the 150mbps i was sold (i actually put in an order for 1000mbps, but the rep made a hames of it).

Looks like it isn't actually the FTTH that was both advertised and sold to me.

Can ye do anything right?

What was done for the install? 

I actually take that last post back.

Was using Homeplugs and they were absolutely killing the connection. Speed is at about 150mbps without them just connecting directly to the router.. 

• Advertisement

Homeplugs are a disaster when available speeds are over 100 meg, they'll give a connection but the loss through them is shocking. I bit the bullet and ran a cat6 cable from the router to a gigabit switch and have full speed continuously. I'm on VM 360meg.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Finally got it sorted out.

Nowhere near the speed advertised. Maybe 50mbps max, more like 25ish most of the time but sure as hell not the 150mbps i was sold (i actually put in an order for 1000mbps, but the rep made a hames of it).

Looks like it isn't actually the FTTH that was both advertised and sold to me.

Can ye do anything right?
    Glad to hear this has been installed for you.

Unfortunately, we don't guarantee that you will receive speeds of 150mb. The speeds that we provide are 'up to' speeds. However, if you continue to experience issues here, I'd recommend contacting our technical support department on 1890260260 or you can free phone 1901 and they will be able to look into this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement