Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

becmar1989 wrote: »
    I have no idea, I thought it would be done by which ever job order had gone through first (which service) but I could be wrong!

Most of the jobs are in city centre and Rathgar!
    Its so hard to know what to do!!:confused:

I would say you should work on whats good for you location wise and what interests you.
    Are any of the locations easy for you to get to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

generally what kind of institutions are people getting expressions of interest for? hospitals, tusla, primary care centres etc? I sent back my competency based assessments for Tipperary south a few weeks ago and wondering what or where might come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 becmar1989

I would say you should work on whats good for you location wise and what interests you.
    Are any of the locations easy for you to get to?

Yea your right, the locations aren't great for me, I would be better off holding out I think, although I really like the sound of the jobs in Rathgar. But worried about the commute!

Most of the jobs are in corporate and hospitals. So far anyway!

Yea your right, the locations aren't great for me, I would be better off holding out I think, although I really like the sound of the jobs in Rathgar. But worried about the commute!

I would love to work city centre and in a hospital.... but yea I get you, the commute would be hard on you.

Stick it out, something will come your way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Was one for Palmerstown earlier (or yesterday) and St Steeven's today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

One piece on advice having worked in hse and was on a transfer panel is they don't move at all. The only way to get out is to apply for competitions and go through whole interview process and thats staying at the same grade or promotion. Or get someone to swap but very difficult and line managers have to agree to the swap

So if you accept job make sure location is right plus if you accept and then decide that its too far away and reject it you come offpanel or go to bottom on it.

So be certain its the location you want.

marieky21 wrote: »
    One piece on advice having worked in hse and was on a transfer panel is they don't move at all. The only way to get out is to apply for competitions and go through whole interview process and thats staying at the same grade or promotion. Or get someone to swap but very difficult and line managers have to agree to the swap

So if you accept job make sure location is right plus if you accept and then decide that its too far away and reject it you come offpanel or go to bottom on it.

Sound advice..... thank you !

marieky21 wrote: »

Thanks for the advice! Might just hold out!!

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Was one for Palmerstown earlier (or yesterday) and St Steeven's today.

Yep! I got them too! A few more from steevens yesterday too!!

Hey there

Anymore job offers/expressions of interests?

• Advertisement

Hey!

Just as you sent that message 7 jobs for the central mental hospital came through!!
    Admin/ medical secretary. Most days at least one job has came through.
    Yesterday was Cherry Orchard and I there was one in Tallaght too.
    Cant remember the rest but I would say at least 25- 30 jobs have been sent at this stage!

Hey!

Just as you sent that message 7 jobs for the central mental hospital came through!!
    Cant remember the rest but I would say at least 25- 30 jobs have been sent at this stage!

Wow - there seems to be loads coming up and they seem to be flying through them. :)
    I hope there are some jobs/expression of interests by the time they get to my number!
    Were any of them of interest to you?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Any word on Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 teagirl345

Has anyone got any offers for Dublin North yet?

Wow - there seems to be loads coming up and they seem to be flying through them. :)
    I hope there are some jobs/expression of interests by the time they get to my number!
    Were any of them of interest to you?
    Thanks!

I would love to take one of the jobs in the central mental hospital but the hospital is moving to Portrane in 2020, so defo wont suit then!! Oh yes they flying out, should be up past the first lot in no time!!

I'm not on the Dublin north panel so I don't know about that one sorry!
    Kerry has no date as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18 usename18

Wow, that's great congrats. Sligo panel is much slowe. Less than 5 jobs since we started, and they interviewed hundreds of people. So annoying!
    Hey!

I would love to take one of the jobs in the central mental hospital but the hospital is moving to Portrane in 2020, so defo wont suit then!!

I had no idea the Mental Hospital was moving to Portrane..... at least I know to avoid that one.

Oh yes they flying out, should be up past the first lot in no time!!

Fingers crossed that they get to the second lot before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Roadrunner4

Any word on Kerry?

Hi Tatranska,
    I've sent my CBA on 2nd August, no news since. So disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

Has anyone been called for interview from Clare yet?

I had no idea the Mental Hospital was moving to Portrane..... at least I know to avoid that one.

Fingers crossed that they get to the second lot before Christmas![/QUOTE]

Yea its set to move in April 2020 and its all steam ahead s cant see any delays on it! Fingers crossed theres more to come!
    Another came through for the national drug treatment centre on Pearse St today.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed that they get to the second lot before Christmas!

Yea its set to move in April 2020 and its all steam ahead s cant see any delays on it! Fingers crossed theres more to come!
    Another came through for the national drug treatment centre on Pearse St today.[/quote]

Thanks for the update.
    Any where in Dublin City Centre would be good for me so yeap fingers crossed there is more to come - and soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 113433328

Seems to be nothing happening in Cork after the CBA...

North Dublin CHOs should be upcoming shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

What's the difference between a clerical officer and a grade IV

backspin. wrote: »

More responsibility and a higher salary I think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

More responsibility and a higher salary I think....
    In theory that's it but it depends on where you work. I'm a 3 and have way more responsibility than some of ours 4's. They get paid more though!

Dovies wrote: »
    In theory that's it but it depends on where you work. I'm a 3 and have way more responsibility than some of ours 4's. They get paid more though!

Seems unfair. By responsibility do you mean, financial, people etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

how will the reference checks be done? do they contact referees after interview once you are placed on a panel or only when you've accepted a job offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Dovies wrote: »

Seems unfair. By responsibility do you mean, financial, people etc.
    Yep. For example I do payroll, sick leave, minutes of meetings, all the recruitment and the list goes on. 3 of our 4's sit patient clinics and type the notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Dovies wrote:
    Yep. For example I do payroll, sick leave, minutes of meetings, all the recruitment and the list goes on. 3 of our 4's sit patient clinics and type the notes.

Dovies wrote:

I would very much agree with the above statements, I have seen where grade 3s in some sections where I work have a greater workload and responsibility than 4s in other sections, there is very little consistency, the 3s mainly do all the frontline work i.e. public counter, cash office, customer service, which to me are the toughest jobs in the civil/public sector, you need to be fairly thick skinned to survive.

• Advertisement

It used to be the case that Grade IV was a supervisory role. Now the vast majority of the IV's I know don't supervise anyone and their workload is virtually indistinguishable from many of the grade III's.

I'd love to know what exactly the assessors are looking for to consider a role a Grade IV.

backspin. wrote:
    I'd love to know what exactly the assessors are looking for to consider a role a Grade IV.

Do you know, the equivalent of grade 4 in the civil service is no more, all have been upgraded to grade 5, they must have a very powerful union, that was prior to the amalgamation of the three unions.

august12 wrote: »
    Do you know, the equivalent of grade 4 in the civil service is no more, all have been upgraded to grade 5, they must have a very powerful union, that was prior to the amalgamation of the three unions.

So all 4's went to 5's and the 3's were left as 3's. are you sure. I can't imagine the 3's were too happy about that.

100 per cent sure, the equivalent of grade 4 in the civil service was staff officer, this grade has now been promoted to EO which is at same pay level as grade 5 in the public sector and HSE, I can't fathom how this went under the radar, a percentage of clerical officers got some form of bonus, I think upgraded to higher clerical officer which comes with an extra thousand euro or so, if you Google 'integration of staff officer and executive officer grades' in civil service, you should find details.

Has anyone expressed an interest yet? How long did it take to hear back (not the acknowledgment)? Has anyone been appointed?

Has anyone expressed an interest yet? How long did it take to hear back (not the acknowledgment)? Has anyone been appointed?

Would be interested in knowing this - just so I can see the progess for my own order of merit.....

• Advertisement

august12 wrote: »
    100 per cent sure, the equivalent of grade 4 in the civil service was staff officer, this grade has now been promoted to EO which is at same pay level as grade 5 in the public sector and HSE, I can't fathom how this went under the radar, a percentage of clerical officers got some form of bonus, I think upgraded to higher clerical officer which comes with an extra thousand euro or so, if you Google 'integration of staff officer and executive officer grades' in civil service, you should find details.

We've applied for ASSISTANT Staff officer, is that still a full grade 4?
    In CS, you go from 3 to EO to HEO..... I think it should be the same across all public services so as to avoid confusion.

We've applied for ASSISTANT Staff officer, is that still a full grade 4? In CS, you go from 3 to EO to HEO..... I think it should be the same across all public services so as to avoid confusion.

Yes, full grade 4, I agree with you, if one government body has adjusted the grading system, then that should apply across the board, as of now, there is no change in the grading structure in HSE and public sector although I think the HSE has some form of job evaluation going on.

mlem123 wrote:
    My problem is I've booked a big holiday for end of December/early January.. 2 weeks and I booked it only a couple of weeks ago after getting approval from my current work - if I get an offer will this be an issue? My soul is kind of crushed as I've already paid >€1200 for this holiday of a lifetime

I can't see this as being a problem, worst case scenario, you will have to take unpaid leave I would think or they may delay your start date, it shouldn't affect your offer of a job or your acceptance of it.

Would be interested in knowing this - just so I can see the progess for my own order of merit.....
    I expressed an interest myself anyway (Dublin South), I got an acknowledgement email, but no clue as to how long they will take to see who's first on the list etc. Will keep you posted here. What position are you? Do our positions change, I wonder, as people take the posts - surely the net widens anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭claregal1

mlem123 wrote: »
    Cheers! I'm still in shock from being let go suddenly so I hope I get something on this panel soon.. would take unpaid leave if necessary!

Hey , I was in the same position as you - got offered a start date as a grade 3 with the HSE but was travelling to Australia for my sister's wedding 4 weeks later . Absolutely no problem taking unpaid leave with my boss .

• Advertisement

I expressed an interest myself anyway (Dublin South), I got an acknowledgement email, but no clue as to how long they will take to see who's first on the list etc. Will keep you posted here. What position are you? Do our positions change, I wonder, as people take the posts - surely the net widens anyway.

I'm 90 on the panel - I have no idea how this works or how long this competition is for....

I'm 90 on the panel - I have no idea how this works or how long this competition is for....

Has anyone taken a posting yet?

Has anyone taken a posting yet?

Haven't heard of any yet. I haven't heard back from my EOI yet either. Going to leave it til Monday, then follow up.

Haven't heard of any yet. I haven't heard back from my EOI yet either. Going to leave it til Monday, then follow up.

Ok.... Hope you hear soon.
    Do you know how long this campaign is for?
    On one hand, I keep thinking 18 months and on the other hand, I'm wondering if its only 12 months!!

I rang up about this campaign today - as far as I understand, no offers have gone to people on the Dublin South panel. They are working through the logistics of the panels as there are a number of people who have expressed an interest in a few of the posts. This may help some people, if they are ahead of you on the panel. I'm hoping it will help me. Apparently there are two people ahead of me on the panel that have expressed an interest in the job I'm looking for, so they might accept something else. (fingers crossed) I got the feeling that this is going to be a very very long process (I suppose, it's been long already!).

I rang up about this campaign today - as far as I understand, no offers have gone to people on the Dublin South panel. They are working through the logistics of the panels as there are a number of people who have expressed an interest in a few of the posts. This may help some people, if they are ahead of you on the panel. I'm hoping it will help me. Apparently there are two people ahead of me on the panel that have expressed an interest in the job I'm looking for, so they might accept something else. (fingers crossed) I got the feeling that this is going to be a very very long process (I suppose, it's been long already!).

Thank you eimaj18 for the update..... I would agree that it is going to be a long campaign.
    You mentioned that there were 2 ahead of you...... sounds like you will get sorted soon! Fingers crossed you will get something that you would be interested in.
    Where abouts are you on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

teagirl345 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any offers for Dublin North yet?

Sorry for delay. Yes, a Dublin North offer of Senior Telephonist at Connolly Hospital - this was to the top 55 panellists - then opened to all panellists, but haven't seen anything else come up since. That was over 3 weeks ago.

Thank you eimaj18 for the update..... I would agree that it is going to be a long campaign.
    You mentioned that there were 2 ahead of you...... sounds like you will get sorted soon! Fingers crossed you will get something that you would be interested in.
    Where abouts are you on the panel?

Yeah hopefully. I'm 35. I didn't ask about when they'll be advertising to later in the panel yet, as your woman I talked to seemed a bit stressed! She was very helpful though.

Hopefully everyone gets a position soon. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Got a text message today saying I'd get an email, but no email arrived. I'm in Kerry/Limerick... anyone else get the email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭claregal1

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Got a text message today saying I'd get an email, but no email arrived. I'm in Kerry/Limerick... anyone else get the email?

I'm Limerick too and didn't get an email or text ...This has to be the longest campaign I have ever came across !

• Advertisement
Advertisement