Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Moveonup

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Got a text message today saying I'd get an email, but no email arrived. I'm in Kerry/Limerick... anyone else get the email?

I'm in Mayo, got the text but no email.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MegX

Got e-mail - no further update one. Clare / Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 P.mac

MegX wrote: »

Try the spam box in your email, I got the text and there was no email coming through just checked the spam and there was the email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Moveonup wrote: »
    I'm in Mayo, got the text but no email.
    dorbrogra wrote: »
    Got a text message today saying I'd get an email, but no email arrived. I'm in Kerry/Limerick... anyone else get the email?
    MegX wrote: »

Think I can go one better.

Got two texts and no emails :)

Then, checked spam folder and had two emails - one saying no update, the second saying you're moving to stage 3, the competency-based application.

I wouldn't be overly convinced of the competencies of the HBS recruiters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭claregal1

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Think I can go one better.

Got two texts and no emails :)

Then, checked spam folder and had two emails - one saying no update, the second saying you're moving to stage 3, the competency-based application.

I wouldn't be overly convinced of the competencies of the HBS recruiters!

Got the email no further update - Clare /Limerick . What area did you apply for ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

claregal1 wrote: »
    Got the email no further update - Clare /Limerick . What area did you apply for ?

Louth/Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Just wondering does anyone know how long the panels are for? I'm in Laois/Offaly & got my panel place yesterday (106!) I was very disappointed as I know I probably haven't a hope!! 4 of my competencies came in at over 75/100 & 1 was 56 & the other 47 so they brought my score down a lot :( standard must of being high because my total score was 432/600 :(
    It said in the letter the panel go's live on the 22nd October I cant see them getting passed 50 never mind 100!! Any one any ideas of how many they are employing in Laois/Offaly & how long the panel is for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Just wondering, has anyone been appointed from this competition (nationally) at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jrewing

I have been awarded an order of merit 5* (just before 60) in the Dublin South panel. I haven't received any expressions of interest so far. I emailed HSE today and I got this answer: "The expressions of interest for external candidates have been issued to the top 50 candidates on the panel. Should we be unable to fill from this candidate pool we will express to the remaining candidates on the panel. Please note we are unable to provide your panel placing without a live expression of interest."

I don't know how it works but could it be that they are hiring only the top 50 and that's it? So much work and money have been spent on this campaign, I find it very strange. I mean, it is a big organisation after all. Why spend so much money and time if they are going to hire only 50 external candidates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

jrewing wrote: »
    I have been awarded an order of merit 5* (just before 60) in the Dublin South panel. I haven't received any expressions of interest so far. I emailed HSE today and I got this answer: "The expressions of interest for external candidates have been issued to the top 50 candidates on the panel. Should we be unable to fill from this candidate pool we will express to the remaining candidates on the panel. Please note we are unable to provide your panel placing without a live expression of interest."

I don't know how it works but could it be that they are hiring only the top 50 and that's it? So much work and money have been spent on this campaign, I find it very strange. I mean, it is a big organisation after all. Why spend so much money and time if they are going to hire only 50 external candidates?

OMG... really???? Only the first 50???? I think (I hope!!!!) you're wrong. Like you I'm in the next 50. I can't see them wasting all that money or manpower on such a campaign.....

OMG... really???? Only the first 50???? I think (I hope!!!!) you're wrong. Like you I'm in the next 50. I can't see them wasting all that money or manpower on such a campaign.....

I know. It’s ridiculous. I suppose it depends on how many people they decide to allocate to cover external candidates and internal ones. I have asked for further clarifications. There’s a chance that they have decided we will take the top 50 external candidates only, then they move on to the internal candidates. I will post as soon as they get back to me.

I'm in the top 50, and my understanding is that when that 50 has been exhausted, then they will go to the next 50, or they could do it incrementally - so 10 from top 50 have taken jobs, so they would then widen to the top 60. Know what I mean?

I rang a week or so ago and they said they had not made any offers to any candidates from Dublin South. I have been offered about 35 positions so far. There will be natural attrition - people getting other jobs, changes in family circumstances etc - so I'd imagine that once they start offering, they will get to the next 50 soon after. That's only my opinion though. I don't think they can commit in writing that they will/won't be taking next top 50. Know what I mean

I know. It’s ridiculous. I suppose it depends on how many people they decide to allocate to cover external candidates and internal ones. I have asked for further clarifications. There’s a chance that they have decided we will take the top 50 external candidates only, then they move on to the internal candidates. I will post as soon as they get back to me.

They are still filling posts in Limerick / Clare from the internal panels and haven't even called the external panel for interview yet .. 2 in my office have just been moved up to Grade 4 from an internal panel that was created in March 2016 .....

eimaj18 wrote: »
    I'm in the top 50, and my understanding is that when that 50 has been exhausted, then they will go to the next 50, or they could do it incrementally - so 10 from top 50 have taken jobs, so they would then widen to the top 60. Know what I mean?

I rang a week or so ago and they said they had not made any offers to any candidates from Dublin South. I have been offered about 35 positions so far. There will be natural attrition - people getting other jobs, changes in family circumstances etc - so I'd imagine that once they start offering, they will get to the next 50 soon after. That's only my opinion though. I don't think they can commit in writing that they will/won't be taking next top 50. Know what I mean

Yes, I understand. I thought it was going to be that way too. They haven’t started offering jobs yet? Omg that’s very slow.

Ok.... right what I've heard is that they are offering EOI to panelists in numerical order regardless of external or internal status.
    They (HSE HR) have to be transparent with how they allocate postions by being fair and by following the numerical sequence of the panel regardless of the candidates being internal or external.
    For them (HSE) to behave in any other way will leave them open to union criticism - legal fines maybe?
    I cannot believe that the powers that be would dare to anything other than transparent in this campaign.

• Advertisement

Ok.... right what I've heard is that they are offering EOI to panelists in numerical order regardless of external or internal status.
    They (HSE HR) have to be transparent with how they allocate postions by being fair and by following the numerical sequence of the panel regardless of the candidates being internal or external.
    For them (HSE) to behave in any other way will leave them open to union criticism - legal fines maybe?
    I cannot believe that the powers that be would dare to anything other than transparent in this campaign.

That’s true. Absolutely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

This is the HSE we're talking about!!

Has anyone a phone number for these clowns?

This is the HSE we're talking about!!

I know its the HSE we are talking about but, as in every other government/public service, they HAVE to be transparent in ALL of there actions if they want to keep their funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 113433328

Cork Interviews planned for week of the 3rd December 2018

• Advertisement

I know its the HSE we are talking about but, as in every other government/public service, they HAVE to be transparent in ALL of there actions if they want to keep their funding.

I've worked in a dept overseeing their activities. Transparent isn't a word I'd use to describe them!

Has anyone a phone number for these clowns?

*(071) 982 0458‬ Is what I got through on

I've worked in a dept overseeing their activities. Transparent isn't a word I'd use to describe them!

They have to be seen to be transparent.......

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KiBi

Re. The allocation of jobs to internal/external candidates, the following was sent by one of the HBS Recruit team in Manorhamilton to a colleague of mine querying how posts are to be filled:

"1 in 5 posts will go to the WRC.

The panel will be operational as follows.

The first post will be offered to the WRC panel.  Should the number 1 candidate on the WRC panel express interest in a number of posts then they will get their choice of posts.  Once on acceptance this candidate will be removed from the WRC panel and also from the national panel.

The next 4 posts will be offered to the national panel in order of merit.  Again, if a candidate has expressed interest in a number of locations they will have choice on the next available posts.  On acceptance of the post the candidate will be removed from the National and WRC panel (if applicable). When the next 4 posts have been filled we return to the WRC panel.  

This will continue and as confirmed above every 1 in 5 posts will be offered to the WRC Panel until all posts have been filled."

KiBi wrote: »
    Re. The allocation of jobs to internal/external candidates, the following was sent by one of the HBS Recruit team in Manorhamilton to a colleague of mine querying how posts are to be filled:

"1 in 5 posts will go to the WRC.

The panel will be operational as follows.

The first post will be offered to the WRC panel.  Should the number 1 candidate on the WRC panel express interest in a number of posts then they will get their choice of posts.  Once on acceptance this candidate will be removed from the WRC panel and also from the national panel.

The next 4 posts will be offered to the national panel in order of merit.  Again, if a candidate has expressed interest in a number of locations they will have choice on the next available posts.  On acceptance of the post the candidate will be removed from the National and WRC panel (if applicable). When the next 4 posts have been filled we return to the WRC panel.  

This will continue and as confirmed above every 1 in 5 posts will be offered to the WRC Panel until all posts have been filled."

Thanks - Clear as mud..... what is WRC?

Yeah I know! Raises more questions than answers in my head really! ��
    I'm not sure what WRC stands for (it was explained in the original campaign booklet but that's long gone) but it basically means internal candidates. The unions reached an agreement at the time that 20% of the jobs would go to internal candidates...

Yeah I know! Raises more questions than answers in my head really! ��
    I'm not sure what WRC stands for (it was explained in the original campaign booklet but that's long gone) but it basically means internal candidates. The unions reached an agreement at the time that 20% of the jobs would go to internal candidates...

Is WRC work relation committee I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pinklady09

WRC panel is a panel of candidates that were on existing SPC Grade 4 contracts (specified purpose contracts) at the time of application. They applied through competency application form but didn’t have to do aptitude test as they were existing 4’s. This panel is only offered 1 in every 5 jobs so they are actually worse off than had they gone through external campaign

Some candidates from the WRC panel are now concerned that they will be replaced by candidates placed higher up on the external panel, and cannot get any assurances that this will not happen. The only consolation for some of them I've spoken to is that they also got a placing on the external panel so they could still get a permanent contract out of this, albeit in a different location. A lot of worrying and wondering ahead for them though.

Some candidates from the WRC panel are now concerned that they will be replaced by candidates placed higher up on the external panel, and cannot get any assurances that this will not happen. The only consolation for some of them I've spoken to is that they also got a placing on the external panel so they could still get a permanent contract out of this, albeit in a different location. A lot of worrying and wondering ahead for them though.

Is that because HR are using panel sequentially?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure I understand your question but if you were on an exciting SPC contract and applied for this campaign you would've had to do one interview but you would've got a placing on two panels - one for external candidates and one on the WRC panel. If you ranked, say, 25 on the WRC one and, say, 54 on the external one there is a good chance that your current post could be filled by someone else ranked higher than you on the external panel, going by HBS's method for Expressions of Interest/Job offering, as outlined above...

I'm not sure I understand your question but if you were on an exciting SPC contract and applied for this campaign you would've had to do one interview but you would've got a placing on two panels - one for external candidates and one on the WRC panel. If you ranked, say, 25 on the WRC one and, say, 54 on the external one there is a good chance that your current post could be filled by someone else ranked higher than you on the external panel, going by HBS's method for Expressions of Interest/Job offering, as outlined above...

Ah I see - thats fine, you've just clarified. Thank you.

No bother! I'm as confused by the whole thing as anyone. It'll be interesting to see how the whole thing will pan out though because managers won't want to lose experienced staff to newbies.

Sounds like there's a lot more to it and could explain a lot of the delay?

How does this pan out then for the counties that haven't been called for interview yet but they are filling Grade 4 positions from an internal panel if 1 in 5 jobs go to existing staff..and there is no panel in place for external ?

Not sure to be honest. According to my manager, managers were supposed to hold off on filling 4's until the panels were up and running but then they're taking so long....

Not sure to be honest. According to my manager, managers were supposed to hold off on filling 4's until the panels were up and running but then they're taking so long....

I might email them later and ask them to explain it - cos it is totally contradicting what was said to another poster ...
    Sorry just saw that it was you that posted about the 1 in 5.

Do sure, no harm in them getting a few questions asked! I'm in Laois Offaly and we had interviews the week of 24th September. Results were received last Thursday 18th October...

Do sure, no harm in them getting a few questions asked! I'm in Laois Offaly and we had interviews the week of 24th September. Results were received last Thursday 18th October...

I'm Clare -Limerick and they have been filling 4 vacanies from an existing internal 4 panel that was ran just before the existing external competion started . I was on holidays in Australia when the interviews for internal 4's came up which is why I'm not on that panel .

• Advertisement

Pinklady09 wrote: »
    WRC panel is a panel of candidates that were on existing SPC Grade 4 contracts (specified purpose contracts) at the time of application. They applied through competency application form but didn’t have to do aptitude test as they were existing 4’s. This panel is only offered 1 in every 5 jobs so they are actually worse off than had they gone through external campaign
    Existing Grade 3's were also eleigble to apply for this internal campaign

Only existing grade 3's that are "acting into" a grade 4 position (can't remember if for a minimum time was specified) at time of application. I'm a permanent grade 3 & I wasn't eligible to apply for the internal panel.

Only existing grade 3's that are "acting into" a grade 4 position (can't remember if for a minimum time was specified) at time of application. I'm a permanent grade 3 & I wasn't eligible to apply for the internal panel.

No I'm a 3 and I was able to apply for it..one of my colleagues was a 3 and just got placed on the internal panel in the last few weeks . Also a friend of mine in a different centre also a 3 is after getting a 4 as well . One of the criteria was you had to be a CO for 2 years .. I'm nearly sure I still have the application saved on my desktop at work - will double check when back tomorrow .

Do please and let me know. Cos I'll be asking some questions myself if that's the case!! And they were definitely applying for the national grade 4 competition?

I joined the HSE in July 16. Can't remember what month this competition started...

Do please and let me know. Cos I'll be asking some questions myself if that's the case!! And they were definitely applying for the national grade 4 competition?

Yeah deft cos both of them applied externally as well with the aptitudes etc . But like me our counties still haven't been called for interview and both got placed internally within the last 4-5 weeks from the internal comp that was ran in March April

I joined the HSE in July 16. Can't remember what month this competition started...

I think the internal 4 was March - April 2016 ..so it would have been after you started . We work in the CHO areas ..not sure if that makes a difference

• Advertisement

Now I'm really confused!! Thanks for that anyway. Hoping the EOI's will start coming in thick and fast soon!... won't hold my breath though!

Now I'm really confused!! Thanks for that anyway. Hoping the EOI's will start coming in thick and fast soon!... won't hold my breath though!

Just checked my instragram to see when I was in Australia 😂it was April 2017 interviews were held for internal staff . I'll deft be emailing them tomorrow and will post back here.

Good stuff! I'll be interested to hear what they have to say for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

claregal1 wrote: »
    Just checked my instragram to see when I was in Australia ��it was April 2017 interviews were held for internal staff . I'll deft be emailing them tomorrow and will post back here.

I'm part of the Grade 4 panel with Tusla. EOI's were reissued for unfilled vacancies last week. There are 37 (I think it was) when I counted them. There were nearer 70 when they were first sent out in mid July.

I didn't read too far back in this thread but the panels were merged last week in an attempt to fill the vacancies. The majority were Dublin based. I did the interview for the Panel in May 2018. Perhaps the merge was with an older panel?

DaDerv wrote: »
    I'm part of the Grade 4 panel with Tusla. EOI's were reissued for unfilled vacancies last week. There are 37 (I think it was) when I counted them. There were nearer 70 when they were first sent out in mid July.

I didn't read too far back in this thread but the panels were merged last week in an attempt to fill the vacancies. The majority were Dublin based. I did the interview for the Panel in May 2018. Perhaps the merge was with an older panel?

I didn't realise that both panels were merged.... good news as it could mean faster progress through the panel.
    I got my first EOI yesterday but it wasn't for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement