Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭claregal1

KiBi wrote: »
    Only existing grade 3's that are "acting into" a grade 4 position (can't remember if for a minimum time was specified) at time of application. I'm a permanent grade 3 & I wasn't eligible to apply for the internal panel.

Hi - thats the job spec for the internal Grade IV from March 2017- No mention of having to be an acting GradeIV
    Eligibility Criteria

Qualifications and/ or experience
    Be employed in the HSE Mid-West Area (Mid West CHO 3 / UL Hospitals Group / TUSLA / HBS)

• Experience in a similar role essential
    • Experience of working collaboratively cross functionally with multiple internal and external stakeholders, as relevant to this role
    • Experience of diary management essential
    • Minute taking desirable
    • Have the requisite knowledge and ability for the proper discharge of the duties of the post

Health
    A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.

Character
    Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.

Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant (within the meaning of the Public Service Superannuation Act, 2004). A candidate who is not classified as a new entrant must be under 65 years of age on the first day of the month in which the latest date for receiving completed application forms for the office occurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

I didn't realise that both panels were merged.... good news as it could mean faster progress through the panel.
    I got my first EOI yesterday but it wasn't for me.

That’s great news. At least they’re starting to come in for you. No word on mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

eimaj18 wrote: »
    That’s great news. At least they’re starting to come in for you. No word on mine yet.

Fingers crossed it wont be too long for you eimaj18.
    I have only one EOI but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KiBi

claregal1 wrote: »
    Hi - thats the job spec for the internal Grade IV from March 2017- No mention of having to be an acting GradeIV
    Eligibility Criteria

Qualifications and/ or experience
    Be employed in the HSE Mid-West Area (Mid West CHO 3 / UL Hospitals Group / TUSLA / HBS)

• Experience in a similar role essential
    • Experience of working collaboratively cross functionally with multiple internal and external stakeholders, as relevant to this role
    • Experience of diary management essential
    • Minute taking desirable
    • Have the requisite knowledge and ability for the proper discharge of the duties of the post

Health
    A candidate for and any person holding the office must be fully competent and capable of undertaking the duties attached to the office and be in a state of health such as would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.

Character
    Each candidate for and any person holding the office must be of good character.

Age restrictions shall only apply to a candidate where he/she is not classified as a new entrant (within the meaning of the Public Service Superannuation Act, 2004). A candidate who is not classified as a new entrant must be under 65 years of age on the first day of the month in which the latest date for receiving completed application forms for the office occurs.
    I think we have our wires crossed... any info I've been posting has been in relation to the National Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV competition which was advertised in June/July 17 (closing date for applications was Thursday, 6 July 2017)...

I think we have our wires crossed... any info I've been posting has been in relation to the National Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV competition which was advertised in June/July 17 (closing date for applications was Thursday, 6 July 2017)...

That was the internal competition that was advertised before the external comp .

The job spec you posted specifies must "Be employed in the HSE Mid-West Area (Mid West CHO 3 / UL Hospitals Group / TUSLA / HBS)" so it's not a national competition. The one I'm talking about is the Nationwide competition open to externals and to III's "Acting into" IV positions only.

The job spec you posted specifies must "Be employed in the HSE Mid-West Area (Mid West CHO 3 / UL Hospitals Group / TUSLA / HBS)" so it's not a national competition. The one I'm talking about is the Nationwide competition open to externals and to III's "Acting into" IV positions only.

Oh never even saw that advertised at all .

Fingers crossed it wont be too long for you eimaj18.
    I have only one EOI but nothing since.

Which one did you get, if you don't mind letting me know (PM me if you need), as I didn't get any in the last week and I think I should have got that one too. Weird.

Hiya all

Just wondering if there has there been any further expressions of interest of late??
    It seems to have gotten very quiet of late.

Hiya all

Just wondering if there has there been any further expressions of interest of late??
    It seems to have gotten very quiet of late.

I only got one recently. Has really gone quiet. Hopefully they’ll start offering soon.

Edit: got one today. HR Corporate in Dr Steevens.

• Advertisement

I only got one recently. Has really gone quiet. Hopefully they’ll start offering soon.

Edit: got one today. HR Corporate in Dr Steevens.

Cool ☺ - Dr Steevens is a handy place to work and HR would be interesting. Are you going to go for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Got one yesterday for Swords - Area 9 CHO. Would be handy but its a specified purpose post until May. Not much good to me

Cool ☺ - Dr Steevens is a handy place to work and HR would be interesting. Are you going to go for it?

Not sure, I'm holding out for the Pearse St one (no news) as the commute would be amazing - I'm on the DART - whereas Dr Steeven's, you're adding a Luas in. I might just stick it in anyway and take it from there. I have a few other irons in the fire with EO & AO in Civil Service, awaiting aptitude tests and interviews etc.

Not sure, I'm holding out for the Pearse St one (no news) as the commute would be amazing - I'm on the DART - whereas Dr Steeven's, you're adding a Luas in. I might just stick it in anyway and take it from there. I have a few other irons in the fire with EO & AO in Civil Service, awaiting aptitude tests and interviews etc.

Hi Eimaj18 -
    I can understand that, I can take anything City Centre and really wouldn't mind James but not sure that is an option at the moment - would be cool tho!
    I am doing the EO as well - and like you, I am in the 2nd batch which I reckon they will start calling in Jan 19.
    But in my experience - HSE has more 'stability' location wise, in CS you don't really get a choice of where you get posted.
    I'll be taking whatever I'm given to be honest. :)
    Tigs

Dovies wrote: »
    Got one yesterday for Swords - Area 9 CHO. Would be handy but its a specified purpose post until May. Not much good to me

Hi Dovies

I got specified purpose post - part-time hours and based in City Centre but only until August 2020.
    I'm not sure why they are advertising/offering long term temp contracts - I thought this campaign was for perm roles only?
    Very strange!!

Tiggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Dovies wrote: »

Hi Dovies

I got specified purpose post - part-time hours and based in City Centre but only until August 2020.
    I'm not sure why they are advertising/offering long term temp contracts - I thought this campaign was for perm roles only?
    Very strange!!

Tiggs
    I know. It's annoying. May 2019 is not much good to many people. If the campaign has been anything to go by it will be may before you would start!

Just thought folks -

If we express an interest on a particular post even if it isnt 100% what we are looking for but nearly, - are we automatically taken off the panel?

Will we get any further EOI?

Tiggs

Just thought folks -

If we express an interest on a particular post even if it isnt 100% what we are looking for but nearly, - are we automatically taken off the panel?

Tiggs

If you express an interest you can still receive others. After EOI, if you’re the highest on panel to do so, you will be asked do you want to go into clearance (I think they call it), if you accept, then you come off the panel. If you say no, you stay on the panel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is there any word on Kerry yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Liz39

Just thought folks -

Tiggs

If you express an interest and are offered the post and refuse it you will be removed From the panel. That is how it is working for the grade iii campaign as far as I know this is the same.

Hiya

Has anyone received a text notification for EOI (this evening about 6pm)?

I have checked both the inbox and spam but nothing there.....:confused:

Tiggs

Hiya

Tiggs

Yes. Text about 2 EOIs and no email. Gah! (Dublin South)

Yes. Text about 2 EOIs and no email. Gah! (Dublin South)

Darn :(

The text was set at 6pm.... my guessing is that they were in a rush to get out the door (don't blame them) or the HSE server has blocked them.

We'll just have to wait :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lucybousy

did anyone receive a date for interview for westmeath/longford yet. said interviews commencing 5th December?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Liz39

lucybousy wrote: »
    did anyone receive a date for interview for westmeath/longford yet. said interviews commencing 5th December?

We were told the same week for Cork too, but there’s been nothing! Not sure how much notice they are giving so still hopeful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Hiya

Tiggs

Hi, latecomer to the post.

I got the text too, and just checked my emails and they came in late last night.

They’re for Cherry Orchard both

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StrikeHurls

Hi there has anyone heard e
    about interview for Carlow area yet

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Just got notification of moving to Stage 3 in Galway. I won't be going so one less person in the competition :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Hi just got another 'no further update' message for Kerry region. Has anyone at all from Kerry been invited to interview for this competition. Stage 3 was completed months ago, the competency based application form, and nothing since. What is going on.. I've never known anything so slow

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

ruadh wrote: »
    Just got notification of moving to Stage 3 in Galway. I won't be going so one less person in the competition :-)

Got same email. Just wondering is there a point doing it? What are the chances of getting a job out of it?

• Advertisement

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Got same email. Just wondering is there a point doing it? What are the chances of getting a job out of it?

I currently work in Tusla and there are internal IV competitions so I highly doubt any Tusla jobs will come out of this, especially at the pace this one is moving at.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

I currently work in Tusla and there are internal IV competitions so I highly doubt any Tusla jobs will come out of this, especially at the pace this one is moving at.

Good to know. No point wasting my time:-)

Mala1313 wrote: »
    Good to know. No point wasting my time:-)

This is the slowest competition I have ever been part of. They must not be looking for any grade IV in the HSE going by this. Unless there are internal competitions going on, like there are in Tusla ...

This is the slowest competition I have ever been part of. They must not be looking for any grade IV in the HSE going by this. Unless there are internal competitions going on, like there are in Tusla ...

Yes there are as my line manager told me this a few months back, all grade 3's interested in moving to grade 4 were interviewed internally for this competition, this is Kerry area. So I guess there will be more grade 3 opportunities if you are in that competition. I'm in both but nothing happening in either, so slow the grade 3 panel is due to expire this month I think, that's if it's only in place for a year. Pathetic

dorbrogra wrote: »
    Yes there are as my line manager told me this a few months back, all grade 3's interested in moving to grade 4 were interviewed internally for this competition, this is Kerry area. So I guess there will be more grade 3 opportunities if you are in that competition. I'm in both but nothing happening in either, so slow the grade 3 panel is due to expire this month I think, that's if it's only in place for a year. Pathetic

Are there any G4's left to be filled in Kerry?
    Can't understand. Why they would want application forms from people if they aren't getting interviewed.

Are there any G4's left to be filled in Kerry?
    Can't understand. Why they would want application forms from people if they aren't getting interviewed.

Yes I thought the same, it's crazy.. have you sent an application form...no news from mine which was submitted months ago

Yes I thought the same, it's crazy.. have you sent an application form...no news from mine which was submitted months ago

It was August!

This should not be the case everywhere though. I work in a HSE location in Dublin as grade III and my department has a small number of grade IV jobs to be filled which some have been emailed out.

I was not interviewed internally nor was I given any preference on these, and rightly so. I was aware they’d be coming up, but only in the course of my work, we all were aware of them. If I’m interested I need to express interest just like everyone else and then it goes by place in the panel.

Hi Folks
    I have expressed an interest in a couple of roles this week but haven’t received an acknowledgement – yet….
    Yeap I did follow the format suggested.
    Just getting antsy and wondering if anyone has received a confirmation of their EOI yet.
    Tiggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Hi Folks
    I have expressed an interest in a couple of roles this week but haven’t received an acknowledgement – yet….
    Just getting antsy and wondering if anyone has received a confirmation of their EOI yet.
    Tiggs

People have yes; some are currently in clearance. 0-40 order of merit. Dublin North

• Advertisement

Hi Folks
    Tiggs

I expressed interest in one yesterday and got confirmation today

donna35 wrote: »
    I expressed interest in one yesterday and got confirmation today

I got my confirmation back today - phew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 StrikeHurls

Sent in application recently too got an email yesterday saying that there is no further information yet.

I got my confirmation back today - phew :)

Best of luck Tigger. I tried to ring yesterday to see what’s the update on mine. Are you just Dublin South? Or did you get Dublin North too?

Best of luck Tigger. I tried to ring yesterday to see what’s the update on mine. Are you just Dublin South? Or did you get Dublin North too?

Hiya Eimaj18 - thank you for the good wishes.
    I just went for Dublin South.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 P.mac

Just wondering those of you who sent off the application,. How long were you waiting for confirmation you were being moved to stage 4.

P.mac wrote: »
    Just wondering those of you who sent off the application,. How long were you waiting for confirmation you were being moved to stage 4.
    I'm in Laois/Offaly. We received email on 30 March to submit completed application form and supporting documentation by 13 April. Next correspondance was email from HBS Recruit on 12 September inviting us to interview on week beginning 24 September. Results received 18 Oct... No expressions of interest issued yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 P.mac

I'm in Laois/Offaly. We received email on 30 March to submit completed application form and supporting documentation by 13 April. Next correspondance was email from HBS Recruit on 12 September inviting us to interview on week beginning 24 September. Results received 18 Oct... No expressions of interest issued yet...[/quote

Wow they really are taking their time. Thanks for answering my question.

P.mac wrote: »
    I'm in Laois/Offaly. We received email on 30 March to submit completed application form and supporting documentation by 13 April. Next correspondance was email from HBS Recruit on 12 September inviting us to interview on week beginning 24 September. Results received 18 Oct... No expressions of interest issued yet...[/quote

Wow they really are taking their time. Thanks for answering my question.
    No bother! I went back over my emails for dates and didn't realise there was such a gap. I know the feeling of hoping an email will come in everyday. My advice is try forget about it for now because nothing happens quickly with these panels. I got in on the previous Grade III national panel competition. I applied in, think it was, May 2014 and wasn't appointed until July 2016...

• Advertisement

Hiya Eimaj18 - thank you for the good wishes.
    I just went for Dublin South.

Rang yesterday - the position I was looking for is gone. Someone was appointed. Ah well. Great that there’s movement though!

Advertisement