Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi, I got an email last week to say my offer has been withdrawn. I'm now back on the panel to receive EOI's which there aren't any of!! (Dublin North) What a joke!!

I meant to ask at the time - did they say why they withdrew the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Married2017

They quoted below from the Chief Financial Officer and said due to this the offer is being withdrawn!

"No new posts or replacement posts, can proceed to offer stage or be put onto the payroll in any CHO, HG OR s.39”.

They quoted below from the Chief Financial Officer and said due to this the offer is being withdrawn!

"No new posts or replacement posts, can proceed to offer stage or be put onto the payroll in any CHO, HG OR s.39”.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishgal2019

Hi,
    I'm new to this thread and wondering if there is any movement on the meath/Louth panel? I went for an interview in July and I've heard nothing since?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

Hi,
    I'm new to this thread and wondering if there is any movement on the meath/Louth panel? I went for an interview in July and I've heard nothing since?
    Thanks!

Are you sure this is the right thread? You might be looking for TUSLA Clerical Officer comp instead??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishgal2019

I applied for both HSE & Tusla
    Last year I applied for grade iv HSE and July I interviewed for Tusla grade iii

• Registered Users Posts: 27 tishbearla

Hi all! Hope all is well.

Just thought I would check in this boring Friday evening! I still have not heard anything and I think job will be pulled. I have am looking hard elsewhere and had 2 interviews this week

Just wondering, the panel I am on is active 12 months and opened in Jan this year. If I want to go back on the panel, do I go back on original spot or what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bonny21

Hi all..

Has anyone here taken a specified purpose position with HSE and within that time been off a permanent position? Can you take the permanent position and leave through your year contract? Or what way does it work?

Thanks

tishbearla wrote: »
    Hi all! Hope all is well.

Just thought I would check in this boring Friday evening! I still have not heard anything and I think job will be pulled. I have am looking hard elsewhere and had 2 interviews this week

Just wondering, the panel I am on is active 12 months and opened in Jan this year. If I want to go back on the panel, do I go back on original spot or what happens?

Hi Tishbearla

I havent heard anything in relation to the role I went for - but informally, I've heard that the role has been taken off the offering table due to budgetary restraints.

I'm not sure how long the panel is for, all I know is that all perm roles are on hold until they get the budget go ahead. Only specific contracts - 6 - 9 and 12 month contracts are being offered.

Then again, the new HSE boss has recently announced massive cut backs, reshuffles and redundancies so that the current costs can be bought back in line with the current budget.

I've stopped waiting, went looking for a perm position and currently working in a perm role. And fingers crossed, probation pending and I may just stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Hi Dublintigger, Have you heard anything further about the above competition since Paul Reid stepped in as head of HSE? I have contacted recruitment a few times since being made the initial offer a year ago in the Dublin area after interviews and they have advised they are still awaiting clearance to send me the contract for the post I was offered a year ago March 19. I recall with garda vetting and a requirement to get same from USA (cos I worked a few years there) total cost to me as an applicant was over $160.00 in expenses. Anyone else in the same boat? I think if a few of us contact the recruitment office who managed this competition next week separately-may put a bit of pressure on them notification of our enquiries to higher up?

• Advertisement

Braids wrote: »
    Hi Dublintigger, Have you heard anything further about the above competition since Paul Reid stepped in as head of HSE? I have contacted recruitment a few times since being made the initial offer a year ago in the Dublin area after interviews and they have advised they are still awaiting clearance to send me the contract for the post I was offered a year ago March 19. I recall with garda vetting and a requirement to get same from USA (cos I worked a few years there) total cost to me as an applicant was over $160.00 in expenses. Anyone else in the same boat? I think if a few of us contact the recruitment office who managed this competition next week separately-may put a bit of pressure on them notification of our enquiries to higher up?

Hiya Braids

I've heard nothing at all.... Although I have contacted them a few times last year with out much luck. And since the election has just finished, I'm wondering if we'll hear soon.
    To be honest, I've just about given up on it all.
    I would love to hear other folks thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Hiya Braids

I've heard nothing at all.... Although I have contacted them a few times last year with out much luck. And since the election has just finished, I'm wondering if we'll hear soon.
    To be honest, I've just about given up on it all.
    I would love to hear other folks thoughts.

Hi Dublintigger,
    Thank you for your update.

TO EVERYONE who was offered a post under this competition-you worked hard to fill out the application, spent good money providing the information the HSE wanted -clothes for interview, getting documents copied or even paying for fingerprints= €60.00 per set to Gardaí for vetting if you worked in US or UK. You deserve as much as us decent update from the department looking after this competition. Their contact email is
      recruitmentcontracting@hse.ie. We all need to email them and ask when is this competition's offers going to be fairly released to those they have been made to??? I am doing this, but if we all send one email - BELIEVE ME, the Department will sit up and take notice!

Nothing ventured...nothing gained

1. Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

Well, not sure about anyone elso but a colleague is going to write to the National Director who has control over what offers are released under this competition.

2. Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Braids

National Director is releasing administrative (Grade IV) posts - three people including myself now have received notifications that the jobs we qualified for have been released to us. Those who received offers - ensure your up to date contact details are with Manorhamilton.

3. Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Braids wrote: »
      National Director is releasing administrative (Grade IV) posts - three people including myself now have received notifications that the jobs we qualified for have been released to us. Those who received offers - ensure your up to date contact details are with Manorhamilton.

Happy for you!

4. Registered Users Posts: 16 Boruma100

Look like the email is disbanded Braids

5. Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Hi guys don’t know if this panel is still active or has there been any movement in the last few months?

6. Registered Users Posts: 16 Boruma100

Hi guys don’t know if this panel is still active or has there been any movement in the last few months?

Looks like all Grade IV jobs being filled from inside and from agency. Union have stopped all evaluations. Covid covering a lot of Spending unions sitting back doing nothing

7. Registered Users Posts: 16 Boruma100

Looks like all Grade IV jobs being filled from inside and from agency. Union have stopped all evaluations. Covid covering a lot of Spending unions sitting back doing nothing

8. Registered Users Posts: 1 sheeplooking

Hello hello!

If anyone knows... I'm currently on point two of Grade III and got Grade IV job offer. Am I starting at point one of grade IV plus one or? Tried to figure out from circular but dummie for that obviously to understand.

9. Advertisement
    10. Registered Users Posts: 16 Boruma100

Up a point

11. Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Hi guys has anyone been called forward for either stage 3 competency based assessment or stage 4 interview in the last 6months or year? Seems to be shockingly little movement for such a long panel

12. Registered Users Posts: 16 Boruma100

Hi guys has anyone been called forward for either stage 3 competency based assessment or stage 4 interview in the last 6months or year? Seems to be shockingly little movement for such a long panel
      There will be no Grade IV anymore there just not saying abs what a waste of a campaign time money etc all positions being filled internally and from agencies

13. Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Boruma100 wrote: »
      There will be no Grade IV anymore there just not saying abs what a waste of a campaign time money etc all positions being filled internally and from agencies
      Wow that’s so disappointing. I was recently placed from the grade 3 panel that ran the same time as this one so I was hoping maybe it was still moving. A waste of everyone’s time it seems.

14. Registered Users Posts: 14 YMSB89

Boruma100 wrote: »

From this campaign or at all in the future?

Placed on a IV panel recently in Dublin but have heard no word from it since. I thought with the amount of money the government have thrown at the DOH/HSE may hear something soon.

15. Registered Users Posts: 13 Cearbears

Hi all,
      Looking for some advise does anyone know if civil service goes towards the hse? I am a clerical officer on point 6 which is higher that point 1 of the grade iv scale. Does this mean I will go onto point 2 or will I loose money and start on point 1? TIA

16. Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Cearbears wrote: »
      Hi all,
      Looking for some advise does anyone know if civil service goes towards the hse? I am a clerical officer on point 6 which is higher that point 1 of the grade iv scale. Does this mean I will go onto point 2 or will I loose money and start on point 1? TIA

Hi Cearbears,

I recently accepted a grade III post with the hse and I had incremental service from the civil service that was counted for me, I’m fairly sure it’s the same for moving into a higher grade, you would be starting on point 2 of the IV scale

17. Registered Users Posts: 13 Cearbears

Hi Cearbears,

I recently accepted a grade III post with the hse and I had incremental service from the civil service that was counted for me, I’m fairly sure it’s the same for moving into a higher grade, you would be starting on point 2 of the IV scale

Hi pamelabeasley,
      Thanks for the information i hope it will. Can I ask how u find working in the hse compared to the civil service? Thanks

18. Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

Hello hello!

If anyone knows... I'm currently on point two of Grade III and got Grade IV job offer. Am I starting at point one of grade IV plus one or? Tried to figure out from circular but dummie for that obviously to understand.

Hey I went from point two on the grade 3 scale to point one on the 4 as it was higher than the rate I was on on the grade 3. I'm not sure if this is right but it was in Feb 19.

19. Advertisement
    20. Registered Users Posts: 6 Summer111

Does anyone have any advise on what to prepare for the HSE Grade IV interview, what kind of questions do they ask? I have an interview coming up shortly

21. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭claregal1

Summer111 wrote: »
      Does anyone have any advise on what to prepare for the HSE Grade IV interview, what kind of questions do they ask? I have an interview coming up shortly

Hi , I had an interview for grade IV before Christmas( Limerick-Clare ) and they asked me about Slaintecare plan that is coming in to replace the existing CHO's. Also asked me to describe what a memo is and the different services in the HSE so know your hse knowledge. Everything else was competency questions.

22. Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

Hi there I was successful at interview and got a letter today saying I'm 192 on the panel for Ul hospital group for assistant staff officer what are my chances... anyone else go for this??

23. Registered Users Posts: 6 Summer111

Hi, I also would like to know about the HSE Grade IVs, does anyone know how many (approx) are taken on within the lifetime of a panel. I interviewed too for the UL Hospital Group and waiting to hear back

24. Registered Users Posts: 21 taraxxxxx

Summer111 wrote: »
      Hi, I also would like to know about the HSE Grade IVs, does anyone know how many (approx) are taken on within the lifetime of a panel. I interviewed too for the UL Hospital Group and waiting to hear back

Hi summer just wondering did you get any more info on the panel .. I'm not so hopeful as I heard it's only live for 1 year

25. Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

hi, wondering anyone come across an interview for Grade V-business support manager for a maintenance dept in healthcare

wondering what they will ask?

26. Advertisement
    27. Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Has anyone completed the Grade IV assistant staff officer interviews recently? I have an interview next week and was just wondering what sort of questions were asked ?

Advertisement