Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HSE/Tusla Assistant Staff Officer Grade IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 O C 2007

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Hope mine says the same. Good luck

My email said that due to technical difficulties out of the control of HBS that they hadn't been able to interview in February as per the original information and that they would now be looking at the competency based application forms to invite people to interview from 25th June and that the eligibility of applicants is currently being determined before and once this is completed a communication will be sent to advise if you are being invited to interview....

Hopefully we get interviews after this long wait!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Has anyone received anything for Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

Just got a text telling me to expect an email later. I'm in the cork region

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭HDonal

Also just got a text to expect an email.

I'm in Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

HDonal wrote: »
    Also just got a text to expect an email.

I'm in Kerry.

Also got a txt to expect an email I'm in Dublin north

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Just got a text as well. In Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

I got the text too for Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Me too - Wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

caarp wrote: »
    Me too - Wexford

Wouldn't be getting the hopes up - my email said 'no update'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Wouldn't be getting the hopes up - my email said 'no update'!

Hilarious! A text to say there would be an email update, which in turn says 'no update.' You can't make it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭HDonal

Yep, a no update email. What a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 farmgirl1

HDonal wrote: »
    Yep, a no update email. What a joke!

To make it worse it is taking about going to stage 3 however dublin north have already done stage 3 and the forms sent back it is stage 4 we should be moving too! They are making a mess of this whole campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Got an email and it was just to say no further update also. A bit silly really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭teaontap

Yep another no update update, bit ridiculous alright

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭upset12

Anyone get any updates on Laois/Offaly area yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Whimsical33

Any body hear anything about Longford/Westmeath it Laois/Offaly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Got the 'no update' update the other day and then yesterday got an email to say that I was progressing to the next stage - Competency Based Application Form - for Kildare/West Wicklow.
    It says they are only progressing applicants who scored in the percentile range of 1 and higher for the area.
    I don't even remember putting Kildare down :confused:I hope I put down the actual county I really wanted too!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

kildareash wrote: »
    Got the 'no update' update the other day and then yesterday got an email to say that I was progressing to the next stage - Competency Based Application Form - for Kildare/West Wicklow.
    It says they are only progressing applicants who scored in the percentile range of 1 and higher for the area.
    I don't even remember putting Kildare down :confused:I hope I put down the actual county I really wanted too!

I got the same... but didn't we already complete Competency based applications at Christmas?

kildareash wrote: »

I may need to go back to maths class, but can someone explain this to me very slowly please?

I may need to go back to maths class, but can someone explain this to me very slowly please?

Hhheeeeee/ sssshhheeeee saaaiiiid.......I haven't a clue :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭eroc79

When you got a result back after the online test you were given a percentile ranking. I think this means only those who got 99 or higher are going forward

eroc79 wrote: »
    When you got a result back after the online test you were given a percentile ranking. I think this means only those who got 99 or higher are going forward

Then it should have said they were only calling people from the 99th percentile and higher, which, in itself, would be surprising..

My guess is clerical error on the sender's behalf..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Calling those that scored in the percentile range of 1 & higher means they are caling everyone forward to the next stage.

Does your score in the aptitude tests mean anything at further stages or is a panel formed from competency app form & interview scores only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LightHeart

It appears that panel is formed from interview scores only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Got email to say that Dublin South will be calling people to interview on the week of the 16th July. The email is so confusing and misleading. They’re saying that they will be calling people but wouldn’t say who they were calling! This competition is nuts!

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Got email to say that Dublin South will be calling people to interview on the week of the 16th July. The email is so confusing and misleading. They’re saying that they will be calling people but wouldn’t say who they were calling! This competition is nuts!

It's the HSE..just look at the health service

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Got a text to say check email for Dublin North update. No email yet

I got an email to look at this post ;)

Me too. Nothing yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Got the text and no email. Have to email them with my correct email address which they already have as the last update which was no update came by email but no text. Confused?? I am :)

• Advertisement

Got my email a few hours after the text.
    Interview for Dublin North on June 26.
    No time just saying a letter is in the post with details.

Has anyone been called for Kerry?

Got my email a few hours after the text.
    Interview for Dublin North on June 26.
    No time just saying a letter is in the post with details.

Has anyone been called for Kerry?
    Me too - 25th June Interview. Details in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jrewing

Shocking that they have no rescources and they only interview those who have 48 or higher. I missed by 1 point. An organisation like the HSE should be able to interview all candidates especially when they have delayed the interviews for so long. Is there any way to appeal? I think that all those who did not make it to the interview should appeal. It's shocking, appalling that such large organisation does not have enough board members to interview all candidates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭claregal1

Any movement on Clare /Limerick ? I'm in the 70 percentile bracket and still haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭claregal1

jrewing wrote: »
    Shocking that they have no rescources and they only interview those who have 48 or higher. I missed by 1 point. An organisation like the HSE should be able to interview all candidates especially when they have delayed the interviews for so long. Is there any way to appeal? I think that all those who did not make it to the interview should appeal. It's shocking, appalling that such large organisation does not have enough board members to interview all candidates.

How do you know that they don't have enough board members to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭KtodaT

Received a text and an email but no letter! I know I am on Tuesday 26th but no time yet.
    Lads, this is bloody ridiculous! Has anyone relieved the letter yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 Applicant18

KtodaT wrote: »
    Received a text and an email but no letter! I know I am on Tuesday 26th but no time yet.
    Lads, this is bloody ridiculous! Has anyone relieved the letter yet?

Same here! 26th but no letter yet!

Same here! 26th but no letter yet!

How the feck are we meant to confirm we can attend if we don't even know the time?

I sent them an email asking essentially this.

So typical!

I emailed them as Dublin is my second choice.
    I was told that application forms have not been sent out for the other county.looks like each region is separate unlike the civil service.

• Advertisement

The number to call to ask about your interview time slot is 0719-820-558

I rang at 2 and found out! She said the letters would be out tomorrow but I have little faith that they will.

Good luck folks!

Talking to some of the guys in work. EO is higher than ASO.
    I'll pass on the interview for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 32 newbe64

Hi all,
    I got my interview details in the post this morning for DublinNorth. So they want us to know about the HSE and Tulsa... anybody know how far we prepare here?
    We all know what the HSE does but anybody know what they will be expecting in an interview situation about this? how much will be be expected to know about the HSE?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

ASO in the HSE and Public Sector is the equivalent of the Staff Officer grade in civil service, this Staff Officer grade was amalgamated to EO, how lucky to be in the Civil Service, I wish the powers that be would roll this across all government sectors i.e. HSE, Public Sector etc.

Haven't received my letter. Guarantee its gone to my old house despite me messaging them a month ago to change my address!!

Slightly off topic folks but is anyone on here in the HSE HR or Union Rep? Just looking for a bit of advice. TIA

• Advertisement

I'm on the panels for EO in CS and ASO in council.

I just need to see which comes up first.
    Not a huge difference in take home pay when the extra holidays in the. Council are taken into account

Not going to bother with the HSE.

I just need to see which comes up first. Not a huge difference in take home pay when the extra holidays in the. Council are taken into account

What is the difference in holidays?

august12 wrote: »
    What is the difference in holidays?

23 for CS. 30 for DCC if memory serves me correctly

It was 27 days for a CO when I was in DCC.

By my calculations there is a bout 30 euro per week difference which is 1560 p.a. 7 days holidays is worth 700 so its an extra 860 in the CS which is 16 euro per week.

23 for CS. 30 for DCC if memory serves me correctly

I thought EO leave had increased to 27, leave in council is great, but one can avail of 1.5 flexi per month in CS I think, I would take the extra income over leave, the leave may seem a better benefit when you young but the higher income is better the closer you come to retirement for pension purposes.

august12 wrote: »
    I thought EO leave had increased to 27, leave in council is great, but one can avail of 1.5 flexi per month in CS I think, I would take the extra income over leave, the leave may seem a better benefit when you young but the higher income is better the closer you come to retirement for pension purposes.
    Very true.theres also the1% increase in October. 1% of more is .. more!

• Advertisement
Advertisement