Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

applying for job seekers benefit and then getting a job

Options
  • 20-06-2017 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi. I lost my job in mid-March, wife with 3 kids, wife not working, mortgage, no savings in bank accounts. I applied for job seekers straight away and I'm still waiting for someone to contact me, or inspect me, or whatever. Whenever I ring up I am told the case is 'pending'.

Of course I have been looking for a new job in the meantime and thank God I'm starting on the 26th June.

If someone contacts me after I've started working in my new job do I get no dole for the time I wasn't working, because I now have a job? Or would I get the dole for the space in between? It would be REALLY helpful to have.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

You will get a lump sum of what you would have gotten weekly from the date you applied.

Say you would get €100 a week and it took 10 weeks to process your claim, your first payment would contain the 10 weeks owed plus your current weeks payment

So €100 x 10 + €100 = €1,100

Advertisement