Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Loan

• 20-06-2017 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

Quick one that nobody in Ulster Bank seems to be able to answer. I'm currently shopping for a car and have a maximum amount I want to borrow/spend in mind but not sure if I'll be able to get the loan. I want to apply for the maximum amount but may subsequently need to borrow less depending on what I find. If I apply for a loan can I change the amount to less at a later date? I don't want to apply and get approved then end up borrowing too much. Never got a loan before so no experience!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

Hi,

Quick one that nobody in Ulster Bank seems to be able to answer. I'm currently shopping for a car and have a maximum amount I want to borrow/spend in mind but not sure if I'll be able to get the loan. I want to apply for the maximum amount but may subsequently need to borrow less depending on what I find. If I apply for a loan can I change the amount to less at a later date? I don't want to apply and get approved then end up borrowing too much. Never got a loan before so no experience!

Thanks

Apply for what you think you will need. If it turns out that you borrowed too much you can talk to you bank about making an overpayment on the loan.

this simply allows you to make a once off payment towards the balance of the loan while keeping up your monthly payments

Advertisement