Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brake pads

Options
  • 20-06-2017 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi,

I am spending a lot of money buying break pads from cycling shops. Usually €5 for front and €5 for back. I am changing every few months. Anyone recommmend a website for buying cheaper brake pads or a shop that sells in bulk discount?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

These have got some very good reviews.
    They are the same as Wiggles essentials, made by Ashima). ?4 for 4.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/lifeline-essential-road-brake-inserts-pack-of-4/rp-prod155623

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

http://www.discobrakes.com/

Are you cleaning the pads and rim after wet rides? You should get several thousand kms out of a set of pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Eh you need to up your Budget! :P
    ( And Yes ....swiss stop are excellent pads and I'd recommend them)

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/swissstop-flash-pro-brake-pads-pads-only-/rp-prod42658

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

+1 on disco brakes.
    love their rubber compound and the cork pads for carbon rims.
    You can buy them in multi packs as well which is a great deal and they dont screw you on postage to here either!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Everyone seems to be assuming that the OP has road calliper brakes. That's not clear from his/her post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭C3PO

Zen0 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be assuming that the OP has road calliper brakes. That's not clear from his/her post.

He's unlikely to have disc brakes if he's paying €5 a set for pads ... and feeling hard done by!!

Direct pulls, cantis, basic calipers...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Zen0 wrote: »
    Everyone??

I merely provided a link for a service which provides pads of all types.

I stand corrected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,612 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

C3PO wrote: »
    He's unlikely to have disc brakes if he's paying €5 a set for pads ... and feeling hard done by!!
    well, it might explain why they're only lasting a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

i have just ordinary v brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭horsebox7

rim brakes

You shouldn't be running through pads that fast. Do you use your rear brake for a lot of your stopping? That would cause a lot of wear on the rear pads, without giving effective stopping power. Most of your breaking effort should come through the front brake.

Advertisement