Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The aerobar

Options
  • 20-06-2017 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, the aerobar is probably the single most important element to a tri bike, and I’d rather have the right bar and a substandard frame than the other way around. That’s why I’m going to spend a lot of time on what will probably seem a tl;dr product review to a lot of you.

Extract taken from here.

What aerobar are you running? What would you recommend?

I've been thinking of upgrading mine for a while now. This looks like a decent option.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I've used 3 or 4 sets of aerobars and my thoughts are:

Only really worth an upgrade if improving comfort or integrating hydration/cabling is the goal.

Have used Zipp Vuka bars and found them nice but the aero brakes on that one were not as nice to use. Also they were the S shape style and didn't feel as comfortable as the Ski bends.

Have used the Specialized Shiv Tri aerobars which were very comfortable, but couldn't get low enough until they came out with the adjusters, and then didn't hide all of the cables.

Now on the Bontrager Trek Aerobars which have all cables hidden, very adjustable and aero so the best I've used so far.

Those PD ones get great reviews alright so hard to fault for value.

For me:

- Comfort
    - Fit/adjustability - suit your stack requirements
    - Ski bends nicer for me
    - hidden cabling a bonus

Advertisement