Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Barber in the City

Options
  • 20-06-2017 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Well lads, where's yer best spots to get a haircut in the city centre?

Comments

Tremendous......... http://www.karizma.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

Casablanca on Oliver Plunkett is a personal favourite, great attention to detail and the lads in there are dead-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

Apt8 wrote: »
    Casablanca on Oliver Plunkett is a personal favourite, great attention to detail and the lads in there are dead-on.

Tried it once. Loud music was head wrecking and found the barber to be very distracted. Won't be going back there. After trying most of em I found Bodrum in the English Market very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bonzzy

Apt8 wrote: »

found them annoying and wouldnt go back over them

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bonzzy

Worst would be that place on the corner on washington street across from preachers -worst haircut I ever got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Is Bladez still going? No better place for a short back and sides and a read off FHM when you were 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭denbatt

razorblunt wrote: »
    Is Bladez still going? No better place for a short back and sides and a read off FHM when you were 15.

Yeah. "Read"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

denbatt wrote: »
    After trying most of em I found Bodrum in the English Market very good.

+1 for Bodrum. I've been going there for the past few years, I don't get anything fancy but they're always reliable and consistent. Not the cheapest around, but you get what you pay for.

Another recommendation for Bodrum from me, been going there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

i was goin to bodrum for awhile and got the young guy to cut my hair as the older lad, that used to be in francos, always cuts too short. but the young guy is gone out to ballincollig now so am on the lookout aswell.

whatever you, dont go to H.Parnell beside el padrino on cook street. i went there last time as i pass it every day & curiosity got the better of me. talk about a time warp. who knew that by walking through a door that you could go back 50 years. i honestly dont know how hes still open - must own the building or something. lesson firmly learned.

the buddy swears by the karizma place on OP. i dunno though - one barber has a razor shaved head & the other has long curly hair in a ponytail

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jackrussel wrote: »
    i was goin to bodrum for awhile and got the young guy to cut my hair as the older lad, that used to be in francos, always cuts too short. but the young guy is gone out to ballincollig now so am on the lookout aswell.

whatever you, dont go to H.Parnell beside el padrino on cook street. i went there last time as i pass it every day & curiosity got the better of me. talk about a time warp. who knew that by walking through a door that you could go back 50 years. i honestly dont know how hes still open - must own the building or something. lesson firmly learned.

the buddy swears by the karizma place on OP. i dunno though - one barber has a razor shaved head & the other has long curly hair in a ponytail

Where in ballincollig do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

jackrussel wrote:

The razor shaved head is Hasan, he is one of the owners and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, he's been cutting my hair almost 10 years at this stage, the last time I got my haircut somewhere other than Karizma or by Hasan was a barbers in Boston in 2008 so I'd highly recommend to check it out, nice vibe there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 atcdmma

The Legends Barber Shop in Parnell Place. Andreea is is fantastic. Google-The legends barber shop cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

atcdmma wrote: »
    The Legends Barber Shop in Parnell Place. Andreea is is fantastic. Google-The legends barber shop cork

I don't think so. She's overbearing, ill-attentive, deluded (considering how obnoxious she comes across) in her opinion of her ability/business, is somewhat unnecessarily aggressive and the place is pretty rank.

Can't say anything remotely good about the place tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Tom Winters on North Main street, bit overpriced but great craic there...real "old skool" barber shop.

Advertisement