Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco Certifications?

Options
  • 20-06-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi quick questions can someone tell me where in Ireland I can do the Cisco Certs? I'm quite interested in doing them before going to college. At the moment I'm building up my experience before going to college in particular Networking and Programming. I'm particulalry interested in doing some of the Cisco Certs http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/certifications.html for, which I hear a lot of Companies look for especially up to Professional Level so it looks like a good place to start. So just wondering if anyone knows where I can do them and roughly how much they cost to do?

Edit: Can someone clarify do I need a IT degree to do the Cisco Certs? It seems like I don't but that to move on with each Cert I must pass the previous one? IT would be nice to clarify though :)

Kind regards,
    Leinster Rugby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

You don't need a degree to do them.

You can find CCNA training in Ireland but the wiser option would be to self study. You can find videos and coursework for a fraction of the price and packet tracer/GNS3 allow you to do the lab work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Agree with Cuddlesworth. I have three cisco certifications, and I did self study for all of them. In my opinion, you're always going to have to self study the stuff to know it properly anyway. The Cisco material and the CBT Nuggets videos are good. Start with them, and then practice setting the stuff up with the software.

Some people actually buy the switches and routers to practice for the exam, but the simulation software like packet tracer and GNS is good enough that you should not need to do that.

Advertisement