Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers UK PC Builder?

Options
  • 20-06-2017 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Anyone ever use Overclockers UK PC builder if so are they good? Would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

OCUK are probably the best computer retailer in the world, they are owned by caseking in Germany. Yes their products are usually abit more expensive but their customer service is outstanding.

Id always advise buying the parts and building the PC yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I have both bought individual parts and pre-built pre-OC'd systems from OCUK.
    Both have been exceptionally good when it come to CS/After Care and Sales. Even as flexible as taking one of their own pre-build systems and changing parts out for parts that werent on the drop down menu (complete customisation. Cant recommend them enough.

As Blitz17 said there is a little extra premium but well worth it in my opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Postage is a little excessive by them, but it's really quick and well packaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yakult wrote: »
    Postage is a little excessive by them, but it's really quick and well packaged.

Are you sure you didn't leave it at the default express option? That is really expensive, but standard two day DPD is reasonable.

The most I ever paid was about £20 and that was for a lot of stuff. Several large boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I have to agree with everyone here, they are my favorite online retailer. I generally go to them and only consider other sites once they don't have what I'm looking for. I've ordered from them loads of times and never had a single issue. Sometimes they are a little bit more expensive but I believe that is just the added cost for ensuring exceptional service.
    Also unless you want your package next day just switch your delivery option to DPD and you will save a bit. The default option seems to go half way around europe (UK -> Holland -> Germany -> Ireland) but still gets here in less than 24 hours most times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

they seem to be reliable.

I avoid custompc.ie

May make a purchase from dragonflair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

they seem to be reliable.

I avoid custompc.ie

May make a purchase from dragonflair
    Personally, I wouldn't touch any Irish Pc builder site with a 10 foot barge pole.

deceit wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't touch any Irish Pc builder site with a 10 foot barge pole.

May I ask why?

I was thinking of supporting local industry, or is it just overpriced?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

May I ask why?

I was thinking of supporting local industry, or is it just overpriced?

Not really much industry in it, they probably have to buy their parts from the UK anyway ;)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not really much industry in it, they probably have to buy their parts from the UK anyway ;)

fair point. I do like overclockers, but if love to see a good Irish custom PC start up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement