Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are free range eggs actually free range again ?

Options
  • 20-06-2017 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭

As many of you are probably aware , free range eggs have not actually been free range in Ireland for the past few months due to an outbreak of bird flu. This is being done as a precautionary measure.

Initially suppliers were given a grace period but within several weeks they had to put stickers on their egg boxes explaining how are currently being kept in a barn. I even saw a sign in McDonald's.

However I noticed the past 2 weeks or so this has stopped. Does anyone know why or if something has changed? I find it a bit annoying that there is a vast selection of free range eggs being labeled as such when in fact none of them may be at all.

The Super Value ones say the chickens are free to roam in a natural environment, but these are old boxes.

Mods sorry if there is a better forum for this , feel free to move it.

Comments

Advertisement