Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champix in Northern Ireland

• 20-06-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, if I have a prescription for Champix from my doctor in the south, can I get it filled in the north for cheaper than the €90+ a month it is down here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Hi Senna ,
    As long as you have a prescription from a doctor in the south they will supply the medication in the north.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Cordell

But you won't avail of http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/1/schemes/drugspaymentscheme/
    As for the drug itself, it does work, but beware of side effects. I experienced nausea and strange dreams (so strange that I can't really describe them more that that). Unfortunately, after you complete the treatment, you may be temped to puff one, just one, just one time. Don't.

Advertisement