Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remove Wondershare Helper Compact from start up?

Options
  • 20-06-2017 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Every time I turn on my laptop,I get this annoying message "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" Wondershare Helper Compact.
    I removed anything associated with Wondershare yet it still pops up,any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

ideally you would backup your registry before making changes. editing the windows registry is an advanced task; and can render your machine unbootable.

if you run regedit (as administrator) below are the locations to check.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

you should be able to spot a key calling the wondershare executable which you can delete.
    EG the ituneshelper key is called ituneshelper and points at "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
    to delete highlight the key right click and delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thanks for that.
    I'm not great with computers so how do I back up my registry? I'm running windows 10 on a lenovo laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

use ccleaner which will tidy up your registry and offer to save it before you make any changes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Ran CCleaner, then that regedit and got this(see below).
    I clicked on the first drop down and saw 2 wondershare files so I deleted them but its still popping up at start up.Any ideas?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Download Sysinternals Autoruns, run it as administrator and look in the "Logon" tab first. Delete any entries you find there, and test if the problem still happens. If it does, run it again as administrator and check the "Everything" tab, delete any entries you find there, and test again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement