Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs with IRFU, FAI etc

Options
  • 20-06-2017 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in working in the sports industry. Would anybody know where one would go to find jobs within National Governing Bodies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

siobhan08 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm interested in working in the sports industry. Would anybody know where one would go to find jobs within National Governing Bodies?

To the National Governing Bodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Do you work with local teams already? I'm not an expert in this area but I imagine the national people have worked their way up from similar jobs in local teams (maybe in unpaid positions initially). Did you speak to anyone in the post you are aiming for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

What kind of job are you looking for? Accountant, admin, marketing, management, HR, tech support etc. etc. etc.?
    The sports governing bodies need the same type of staff as any other company. They also advertise open positions the same as any other company.

Like any other job these days, the easiest way to get a job is by networking - knowing someone who knows someone, or as suggested, working for a grass-roots level club or county board first. However if you don't have the qualification, skills or experience that they need then it's unlikely to work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

C3PO wrote: »
    To the National Governing Bodies?

Looked them up not much online at the minute. Just wondering if there was any recruitment agencies I could get in touch with.
    Do you work with local teams already? I'm not an expert in this area but I imagine the national people have worked their way up from similar jobs in local teams (maybe in unpaid positions initially). Did you speak to anyone in the post you are aiming for?

No not spoken to anybody in the pose I'd be looking for as I'm not sure of exactly what post I would be definitely interestest. Just looking for information on where is the best place to go looking and how difficult posts are to come by
    nibtrix wrote: »
    What kind of job are you looking for? Accountant, admin, marketing, management, HR, tech support etc. etc. etc.?
    The sports governing bodies need the same type of staff as any other company. They also advertise open positions the same as any other company.

Like any other job these days, the easiest way to get a job is by networking - knowing someone who knows someone, or as suggested, working for a grass-roots level club or county board first. However if you don't have the qualification, skills or experience that they need then it's unlikely to work out.

I do have a degree in Leisure Management.
    I would be interested in the likes of event management, sport development, admin or working with initiatives that would work on increasing participation.

Note to Forum Moderator: Could you please move this thread to the Work & Jobs forum please

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Here Ya Go, with an Irish passport you'd have no permit issues.

https://www.uefa.org/careers/job-opportunities/index.html

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/home-of-fifa/careers/index.html

They usually have vacancies all year around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Here Ya Go, with an Irish passport you'd have no permit issues.

https://www.uefa.org/careers/job-opportunities/index.html

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/home-of-fifa/careers/index.html

They usually have vacancies all year around.

perfect. thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

There is website called sportsjobs.ie , they are on twitter also. Always have the jobs in different organisations, and sports parnerships, that kind of thing. Some quite interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

With the FAI it's admin, probably with a degree, unless you have a coaching license.

Advertisement