Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled account last week and now a massive bill???

Options
  • 20-06-2017 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My wife switched her Eir mobil to vodafone last week. As we were moving out I also cancelled the efiber. I started getting texts today to say our account was supended due to high data usage. Checked in online to find €200 nearly was owing. Account is still active till the 10th of July due to the 30 days notice.

Never had this problem, have had many others. What's going on and why am I being charged so much especially given the mobil is now with vodafone and the wifi has been turned off since Saturday?

What's going on? I refuse to call the call centre as hours of my life have been wasted on there previously to no avail and empty promises and in some cases outright lies.

Account number is 2****. Can you look into this please before responding here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

As an update to this from the morning, I have spoke to several reps after being passed from Billy to Jack. I finally got through to 'Connor' who informed me I had cancelled the mobil early and while still in contract. He looked into it then and confirmed I was in fact out of contract. I then told him the loyalty team had confirmed I was out of contract also. The supervisor looked further into this as the loyalty team wasn't online until 9. They confirmed I had been told that and €114 would be removed from the account. 

It remains to be seen if that happens. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ba_barabus wrote: »
    As an update to this from the morning, I have spoke to several reps after being passed from Billy to Jack. I finally got through to 'Connor' who informed me I had cancelled the mobil early and while still in contract. He looked into it then and confirmed I was in fact out of contract. I then told him the loyalty team had confirmed I was out of contract also. The supervisor looked further into this as the loyalty team wasn't online until 9. They confirmed I had been told that and €114 would be removed from the account. 

It remains to be seen if that happens. 
    Hi ba_barabus,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with your account. For security reasons, I'd recommend removing your account number from public view and sending it in a PM. Can you also confirm your full name in a PM for data protection reasons, please?

Thanks,
    Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Done
    Thanks.

I'll go through my PM's shortly and let you know when I have an update

- Adam

Advertisement