Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your anti-perspirant of choice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Loreal Men Expert aswell, have done for years.

The nicest one is Sensitive Comfort, really fresh, pleasant fragrance.

Sadly it seems to have been discontinued and replaced with Sensitive Control.

That's nice but not as nice as it's predecessor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Salt Of The Earth

No scent, prevents stank, just a big lump of salt that lasts forever and won't get mentioned going through customs in the hand-luggage. It's the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

not anti-perspirant but I use the L'oreal Men Export roll on. It's often on promotion in Dunnes for about €1.89 but I find it to be very good and has a nice scent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

beans wrote: »
    Salt Of The Earth

No scent, prevents stank, just a big lump of salt that lasts forever and won't get mentioned going through customs in the hand-luggage. It's the business.

Does it stop you sweating though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

NIMAN wrote: »
    Does it stop you sweating though?

Nope. Guess this is the wrong thread for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Has anyone found an anti-perspirant that works and prevents sweatstains? I've tried loads of then, both those embarassing patches keep on appearing.

How about one that does not stain white/bright coloured t-shirts? Every white t-shirt I get seems to get destroyed by those horrible yellow stains under the arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Try Driclor to stop sweating completely

It's a roll on that's applied at night before going to bed,it can sting a bit.
    It Completely stops the sweating wherever applied,It's usually in the pharmacy alongside the women's deodorants.
    I always have a bottle handy,especially the night before presentations etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Has anyone found an anti-perspirant that works and prevents sweatstains? I've tried loads of then, both those embarassing patches keep on appearing.

How about one that does not stain white/bright coloured t-shirts? Every white t-shirt I get seems to get destroyed by those horrible yellow stains under the arms.

Have you tried this? http://www.boots.ie/triple-dry-mens-anti-perspirant-150ml-10087757

Worked a charm for me on my wedding day - I'm a heavy sweater but at the end of a long day my shirt looked and smelt like it hadn't been worn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I have yet to try either of the above ^

Thanks very much, I will definitely look into those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭wetlandsboy

+1 on Driclor. For a deodorant, I use L'Oreal Men Expert (Shirt Protect), which never leaves stains on clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Sure Men Maximum Protection, about €7.50 in boots and lasts about 2 weeks. Its a push up cream.
    I wear a shirt/tie and trousers for work and need to be in and out of the office all day going from cool air con to warm sun like the last few days. Theres also nothing worse than wearing rain gear in warm weather.
    Found this stuff a few weeks ago and so far so good.
    Under the arms and a rub down below, no patches and swamp crotch is a thing if the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

A few years ago I tried a L'Oreal anti-perspirant. I'm pretty sure it was a shirt protect one. I found it actually ruined two of my shirts, I was annoyed so I wrote a letter to L'Oreal complaining about the sticky wet residue it left on me and my shirt...so what did they do? Sent me a voucher for more of the same anti-perspirant. :rolleyes:

I dunno, maybe I was using it wrong. Haven't gone near it since.

Right Guard is my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Try Driclor to stop sweating completely

It's a roll on that's applied at night before going to bed,it can sting a bit.
    It Completely stops the sweating wherever applied,It's usually in the pharmacy alongside the women's deodorants.
    I always have a bottle handy,especially the night before presentations etc.

This. As a heavy sweater it is no exaggeration to say that Driclor has been life changing - it just ****ing works! Now, you'll curse it when it burns the armpits off you but it's a small price to pay! You don't need much either after the first little while - I'd only put it on once every 2 - 4 weeks now. Nothing in the supermarket will compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Read that driclor isn't the best for you.

It works great but it stops you sweating when you think about it. Read something about when you're body is trying to sweat it's for a reason and if you're stopping it it's not healthy.

Wouldn't use it much to be honest. Only special occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

+1 on Driclor. For a deodorant, I use L'Oreal Men Expert (Shirt Protect), which never leaves stains on clothes.

Came here to say L'Oreal Men Expert Shirt Protection. Smells great!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Has anyone spotted Doves new scent around, Sage + Minerals. Apparently its meant to smell really nice, but I havent seen it stocked anywhare...

http://themuse.jezebel.com/here-is-my-secret-to-smelling-kinda-good-1795018063

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Try Mitchum Stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

oxygen wrote: »
    Has anyone spotted Doves new scent around, Sage + Minerals. Apparently its meant to smell really nice, but I havent seen it stocked anywhare...

http://themuse.jezebel.com/here-is-my-secret-to-smelling-kinda-good-1795018063

Its listed on Superdrugs website, but haven't been in my local store recently to check if they stock it.
    http://www.superdrug.com/search?text=dove+sage

Must keep an eye out for a bottle to try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I hate all these fragrances - shampoo, body wash, hand wash, hair gel, after shave, moisturiser, deodorant, washing powder, etc, etc .... mornings going to work can be unbearable with all these scents, it's nauseating.

I'm a big fan of the Clinique for men range, it has the grey dull looking packaging. Quality product and they are fragrance free. The anti-perspirant works great, using it for years. Keeps the sweat away and more importantly it has no fragrance.

Advertisement