Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist killed in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

RIP.

the description below suggests the poor man was proceeding straight through a T junction (with the right of way) when the collision occurred.

Padraic Carney (53) had left his house on Butterfield Close shortly after 8am yesterday morning and was cycling down Butterfield Park when his bike and a car collided at the junction with Butterfield Crescent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

So close to home...may he rest in peace. Condolences to the family, loved ones and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

RIP
    Terrible news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

r7jPyHkl.jpg

I have to echo Kaiser, this one was scary close to home. Pretty confident I know some of his pupils.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

jive wrote: »
    can't imagine the man in his 80s was by any means a 'dangerous' driver
    Agreed. There's no evidence of dangerous driving at all. Apart from the gentleman who is no longer alive due to his driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SSII

My deepest condolences to his friends and family. It's very sad news and makes you think that tomorrow may be your last day.

And about the driver as he is a senior citizen who probably has a lower motor performance and coordination. I think that when you pass a certain age ( lets say 50+) you should retake your drivings test to make sure that you are no danger on the road and avoid any accidents.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

SSII wrote: »
    And about the driver as he is a senior citizen who probably has a lower motor performance and coordination. I think that when you pass a certain age ( lets say 50+) you should retake your drivings test to make sure that you are no danger on the road and avoid any accidents.

MOD VOICE: Lets keep this thread for condolences, if there is a general discussion on related topics, it might be better suited as a general thread over in motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭McGrath5

RIP.

I knew him from around the area, this is scarily close to home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

check_six wrote: »
    Yeah, dead straight road, good sight lines, speed bumps, road too narrow to speed on. How on earth did this happen?
    I'm not familiar with that side of the city but in my parts the ramps are so low and flat they are clearly designed to appease the whinging and powerful motoring lobby. The authorities whether it be DCC or South Dublin CC may pontificate about 30kmph limits in residential areas but they couldn't really give a toss and just want to make themselves look like they are "concerned" about road safety and give themselves a pat on the back. A rant I know but all I say is true - this is Ireland!
    RIP to that poor cyclist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭vandriver

Padraic Carney was the headmaster at my daughter's school.
    He was an absolute gentleman,who will be greatly missed.
    RIP

Advertisement