Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celbridge Village inn Fire?

Options
  • 21-06-2017 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Used to live in Celbridge up until a few months ago and used to frequent the Village inn regulary, work colleague who still lives there told me that there was a major fire in the pub lastnight, and showed me pictures. Anyone any idea what happened or how extensive the damage is?

Hopefully its nothing major as its a super little pub and the food and staff are excellent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One photo of a downstairs window online, nothing of the rest of the building. Purely for my own stomach - was the Delhi Darbar damaged?

Hopefully everything's practically repairable and back up ASAP, lot of staff between the two businesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Friend went down to have a look. Seems to be just the bar. Lounge and restaurant ok as far as he could tell. There was a garda presence which led him to believe it may be arson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Orion wrote: »
    There was a garda presence which led him to believe it may be arson.

Guards would remain until cause established...in case it was arson

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Damage seems extensive. More photos in the below link.

http://www.dublinlive.ie/news/gallery/celbridge-fire-13217157

• Advertisement

Delhi Darbar still closed and doing deliveries to the big three towns from the Lucan branch (so no Kilcock/Clane/Newcastle)

We had a Delhi Darbar takeaway from Lucan on Saturday night - Was our first from Lucan and I have to admit, the food was so much tastier compared to the celbridge restaurant. I'm sure it's the same ingredients but I was just so nice.

Funnily enough I got one tonight from there and prefer Celbridge! Different dishes almost certainly and taste is very subjective.

Delhi Darbar is open for takeaway only (bit like when they moved in there first years ago) again. Has the Inn reopened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

L1011 wrote: »
    Delhi Darbar is open for takeaway only (bit like when they moved in there first years ago) again. Has the Inn reopened?

I passed it today, the bar's not reopened yet. I hope it opens again soon, I like the food there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I heard it won't be open until October:(
    Really missing the quality pints there.

Off topic but the Castletown Inn was sold to a "Kildare publican" for 1.6m at Auction the other day, hopefully it gets modernised a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The Mulk wrote: »

Off topic but the Castletown Inn was sold to a "Kildare publican" for 1.6m at Auction the other day, hopefully it gets modernised a bit.

I am missing the quality food and the excellent staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

Any idea who the new owner of the Inn is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

scheister wrote: »
    Any idea who the new owner of the Inn is.

The owners of Gregory's in Kilcock I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 t305nqe

Johner wrote: »
    The owners of Gregory's in Kilcock I think.

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Looked like Delhi Darbar was back open as the lights were on and the windows been replaced

Stealthirl wrote: »
    Looked like Delhi Darbar was back open as the lights were on and the windows been replaced

The lights have to be on lest the drivers fall over on the steps - pretty sure they still aren't doing eat in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

See the village in put large double page ad in the link saying they were refurbishing etc. The choice of pubs is about to get smaller ... the castletown inn will be closing next week for 10 weeks or so for refurbishment... knocking some walls down losing the back bar. Also the small house is becoming something we are short of ..😀😀😀😀.. a bookies Boyle sports moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Davidth88 wrote: »
    See the village in put large double page ad in the link saying they were refurbishing etc. The choice of pubs is about to get smaller ... the castletown inn will be closing next week for 10 weeks or so for refurbishment... knocking some walls down losing the back bar. Also the small house is becoming something we are short of ..��������.. a bookies Boyle sports moving in.

Bookies know their market... one beside almost every pub in the village..

See the village in put large double page ad in the link saying they were refurbishing etc. The choice of pubs is about to get smaller ... the castletown inn will be closing next week for 10 weeks or so for refurbishment... knocking some walls down losing the back bar. Also the small house is becoming something we are short of ..��������.. a bookies Boyle sports moving in.

last thing the village needs is another bookies. think once the planning goes up I will be objecting to this one.

• Advertisement

last thing the village needs is another bookies. think once the planning goes up I will be objecting to this one.
    I thought in the LAP it mentioned no more bookies or charity shop in the Main Street.

I thought in the LAP it mentioned no more bookies or charity shop in the Main Street.

it did but LAP has not been passed yet

it did but LAP has not been passed yet

Pity, does it mention anything else relating to shop types. Last thing we need is another Bargain/poundworld type shop

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Pity, does it mention anything else relating to shop types. Last thing we need is another Bargain/poundworld type shop

Like the one going into the old Spar?

mloc123 wrote: »
    Like the one going into the old Spar?

Exactly, I think one is enough(Eurogiant)

I'd like to see the Australian bookie model trialled in Ireland.
    Their version of Paddy power is called T.A.B and are only allowed operate from within pubs. Depending on the size of the pub itself, they could have a corner dedicated to betting or an entire room dedicated.

That's why you will never see a betting shop on any high street over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Sorry for sounding dumb, what is "the small house"?
    Thanks

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Sorry for sounding dumb, what is "the small house"?
    Thanks

if you look at the pub there is a house to the right that the sale agreed is on. It was sold with the pub. think it is where the parking attendant was based at one stage

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Shandon

Why are there so few/such a narrow variety of businesses in celbridge do you think?
    I'm from a similar size midland town in terms of population and I'd say there would be 5-10 times more shops, businesses, restaurants, pubs etc in it.
    Surely with the population size there's a market there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 alfaealba

Shandon wrote: »
    Why are there so few/such a narrow variety of businesses in celbridge do you think?
    I'm from a similar size midland town in terms of population and I'd say there would be 5-10 times more shops, businesses, restaurants, pubs etc in it.
    Surely with the population size there's a market there

Location, on the doorstep of Dublin and Liffey Valley, lot of people choose to shop there rather than local. Its the advantages and disadvantages of living on the City commuter belt

Advertisement