Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Ronde classic Minane Bridge, Cork July 2nd 2017, June 23rd 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Also note, there is a separate Ladies Race, if there are enough entrants!

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheFred

Whats this A4 race like? Is it worth the journey down? 50k seems very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

TheFred wrote: »

Looks like a rolling circuit with a dig or too likely to be testing I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

Great circuit, 50k will be more than enough to wear down an a4 bunch.....its a proper course to have a blast on, and will be split to pieces!!

Def worth entering!!

TheFred wrote: »

Believe me, it will seem like 80k. Never been more than a handful battling out the finish. Proper racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rabbit 1

Anyone know if you can get a one day racing licence on the day .

Rabbit 1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can get a one day racing licence on the day .

Unfortunately not.

Great circuit, 50k will be more than enough to wear down an a4 bunch.....its a proper course to have a blast on, and will be split to pieces!!

Def worth entering!!

This sounds like a proper sufferfest, it will be interesting to say the least.

• Advertisement

Highlights from the A4 race. More pics and results later on Facebook page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKsn44OVqaw

dahat wrote: »
    This sounds like a proper sufferfest, it will be interesting to say the least.

And this it was, not my day as was out the back early and jacked it after 1 1/4 lap. Won't offer excuses just not my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Now that's a proper race, the strongest guys get the points no one is pulled around in a big bunch waiting for a crazy sprint and less risk of accidents.
    Well done DeRonde.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Really well organised event. Very impressed.
    Even small touches like listing the eircode of race HQ/Sign-on takes the guess work out of long trips. Can't count how many races where I've spent 10-15 mins driving around looking for ballykissmearse community center.
    Didn't have a great race myself, loved the climbs but kept dropping on the descents.

jntsnk wrote: »
    Now that's a proper race, the strongest guys get the points no one is pulled around in a big bunch waiting for a crazy sprint and less risk of accidents.
    Well done DeRonde.

Positioning early doors was vital today, they went hard early and I was caught out tbh. That's racing and we go on.
    Credit to all that a result today.

Cheers lads, it's the course and the riders that makes it.

We were lucky with the weather, benefitted from the unfortunate cancellation of the Eddie Tobin in terms of attendance and will hopefully continue to promote the event, so any feedback, constructive or otherwise, welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

We were lucky with the weather, benefitted from the unfortunate cancellation of the Eddie Tobin in terms of attendance and will hopefully continue to promote the event, so any feedback, constructive or otherwise, welcome.

Great route, very well marshalled. The club & organising committee did a great job, well done DRCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Colm_D

Proper tough race! We can't but be happy, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th & the KOM prime in the A3/Junior race. :p:D:D

Well organised, well marshalled. Chapeau to the organisers.

The route is tough and after intially being concerned about the decents they weren't as bad when I was chasing at full gas!!!
    There was some small potholes that could be filled as one lad in A4 went over the bars and took out 3/4 other lads as well. That's a simple fix though.
    Marshalls were excellent and instructed well looking at the board in the presentation hall. Food was class and gluten free options as well, first time seeing this at a race.
    Overall it was a good day and ran well, I may be back on reflection to try correct the wrongs o made!!!!

Colm_D wrote: »
    Proper tough race! We can't but be happy, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th & the KOM prime in the A3/Junior race. :p:D:D

Well organised, well marshalled. Chapeau to the organisers.

Haha, you lads cleaned up all right. New team car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

great course..very,very well marshalled.

easily one of the best run races so far this year an a great spread after it.

If the race increases in popularity I'd keep an eye on max numbers especially in regards to A4, 80 plus lads hammering round there could be mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

If the race increases in popularity I'd keep an eye on max numbers especially in regards to A4, 80 plus lads hammering round there could be mayhem.

80 lads would be reduced to 40 after 5k

ABEasy wrote: »
    80 lads would be reduced to 40 after 5k

This is true, won't make same mistake next year. It's balls out early doors there then try stay in contention until it eases off slightly. A race for tactical awareness for sure.

De Ronde classic back again this year, details here:

https://www.facebook.com/DeRonde-Classic-100939713759391/

Lap route here: https://www.strava.com/segments/3834226

*MODS: could you please amend the title to have a date of June 23rd please*

This race still gives me the heebie jeebies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

De Ronde classic back again this year, details here:

https://www.facebook.com/DeRonde-Classic-100939713759391/

Lap route here: https://www.strava.com/segments/3834226

*MODS: could you please amend the title to have a date of June 23rd please*

was debating watching the Ironman but will try and get to this. Haven't raced in Tracton since under 12

This race still gives me the heebie jeebies!!!

Ah we've been riding the course all winter and managed to flatten a good few metres off each hill. Be grand. ;)

• Advertisement

Ah we've been riding the course all winter and managed to flatten a good few metres off each hill. Be grand. ;)

Hahaha!!!

In all seriousness that's a savage course for racing and a test for all lads. I couldn't hold a wheel there as A4 so chasing 70kg A3 Jnrs doesn't appeal personally.

Advertisement