Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What delivery or courier services do you use for your eCommerce site

Options
  • 21-06-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭

Currently working on our eCommerce website and am wondering what delivery services are popular and economical. We have been using UPS for deliveries and imports and while the service is great, it is expensive.

A quick scan of similar types of sites are showing domestic delivery of €5 and delivery to NI and the UK of €15 and indeed free delivery over €50/60.

I rang nightline who said I would not have the volume of deliveries for their service and they directed me to nightlinedirect.com. It appears I have to enter package dimensions and weight for each individual package to use this service.

I am waiting to hear back from DPD.

What services do you use and is it easy to integrate into your site?

Would be interested to hear your experiences with the various providers too and any tips to make this go easier for me.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Interested in this myself as a builder of eCommerce sites.

In my experience there are a lot of factors to take in account, really depends on what kind of products you are shipping. To get the absolute best price every time you probably would need to work with several different couriers but this would be a massive headache, especially with people ordering more than one item, as you generally have to tell the purchaser the shipping cost upfront.

You run into problems such as how do you pack them to fall under a certain size / volume limit etc. Also cheaper couriers might not be as reliable. If you are selling high value items, reliability and simplicity is worth a lot to you.

Advertisement