Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making up baby bottles

Options
  • 21-06-2017 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi all, my baby is a few days old and I'm using aptamil formula, I was just wondering how do others make-up the bottles? Can u boil water an put into bottles an then add the formula as u need it, or should u just make fresh every time u need a bottle?
    Any advice would be great.
    Thanks 👶👶

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

You'll get varying answers but we used to make up six bottles at a time and keep them in the fridge. OK for up to twenty four hours AFAIK. Just keeping boiled water in the bottles won't work as the formula won't mix properly afterwards when the water is cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

jackben wrote: »
    Hi all, my baby is a few days old and I'm using aptamil formula, I was just wondering how do others make-up the bottles? Can u boil water an put into bottles an then add the formula as u need it, or should u just make fresh every time u need a bottle?
    Any advice would be great.
    Thanks 👶👶

Ideally you should boil water and make up each bottle fresh each time.

In real life, best practice is not to make up bottles more than 24 hours in advance. Do it by boiling kettle (with only the amount of water you need for whatever number of bottles.) Allow to cool for 30 minutes. Make up bottles with formula powder (using freshly sterilised bottles.) Cool bottles quickly, and store in fridge. Heat each bottle up when required.

Do not make up bottles with cool boiled water, the water needs to be hot when you're making up the bottles in order to kill any bacteria that might be in the formula itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Advertisement