Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

noelearly wrote: »
    Bloody amazing grub in this place and not the stuff dieticians recommend. I'm a pig.

Great impressions so far.

The expo was packed way to busy for me especially with my Mrs in tow.

Anybody doing the breakfast run tomorrow?

Chillax Noel. Don't blow your marathon with touristy ****e tomorrow. Small jog, feet up, eat and drink well.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Yep just going doing tv tower now tonight and tomorrow just the red light district for a few hours. Apart from that all good itz. I intend to take it easy tm bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm not arriving in until about half 2 tomorrow. I have to get to my apartment right away, and then onto the expo, so I'll probably get there around 5-5:30 ish. Going to be tight enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

The expo was packed way to busy for me especially with my Mrs in tow.

Anybody doing the breakfast run tomorrow?

I'd hoped to make the expo late this evening but flight from Dublin was a little delayed. I'm staying around 3k from the start of the breakfast run so think I'll take a jog there in the morning & then hit the expo around lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Had a look at a couple of videos of the Breakfast Run on you tube....looked a bit mental at the stadium. Reckon there would be a bit too much time on the feet for me....looked cool though. I'm still shaking my head at the American dude in front of me who was buying 6 finishers t shirts for his buddies back home. Surely Adidas make enough money without selling finishers t-shirts to the public!

• Advertisement

Where’s the best place to get the start!? It wasn’t really clear from the Expo and documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

chrislad wrote: »
    Where’s the best place to get the start!? It wasn’t really clear from the Expo and documents.

Potsdamer platz. Breakfast run was great. Olympic stadium was excellent good buzz the 6k.

Best of luck folks...

Potsdamer platz. Breakfast run was great. Olympic stadium was excellent good buzz the 6k.

Best of luck folks...

Just waiting for my wave at 10. Followed the stream of runners so it was easy to find. Best of luck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

is it not on the tv ? Got up to put it on and can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

is it not on the tv ? Got up to put it on and can't find it

I'm watching it live on NBCSN on the Android app Mobdro..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Go to https://iptv.community/
    ask for a trial for vlc, they will send you a file and you can watch it for 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

It's on freeview freesport on Sky. You will have to add the channel manually. I don't know the settings but if you Google it should be easy to find

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

11.426 v sr 27.5 fec 5/6

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can't find it on my Freeview signal. Got it finally using Hola on the phone, but in German.

Now to head to twitter to get a text commentary I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Was Kipsang an unofficial pacer?

Eau Rouge through Half in 1.14. It's on!!!! Noel in 1.29. Also on!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It was a fairly sudden dead stop that he came to there.

Eau Rouge still on at km30. 2.28 projected. That would be something else.

2.28 still on at km34. Healy and Noel doing very well too.

2.28 46 for Eau Rouge. Smurf as we call him in Cork. Fantastic running. Well done lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

Kevin seaward from Ireland finished 19th in 2:15:50, savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

Some run from Noel. Huge pb and a smart neg split. Enjoy the aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Well that was interesting ☺ pace slowed a tad 19-22 but wasn't to bothered as felt had a bit banked.. Hamstrings went at 22-23 and struggled there on a bit... 1:21 and a bit I think chip time....
    Not fretting over it, didn't get injured, just wasn't conditioned enough I think.....

It a great marathon though in fairness ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Well that was interesting ☺ pace slowed a tad 19-22 but wasn't to bothered as felt had a bit banked.. Hamstrings went at 22-23 and struggled there on a bit... 1:21 and a bit I think chip time....
    Not fretting over it, didn't get injured, just wasn't conditioned enough I think.....

It a great marathon though in fairness ☺

1:21? That's a great time, Marty! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

3:15.....slipped on a plastic cup after 30k, did something nasty to my right hamstring....was moving well until then, on for 3:03ish.... :( keeping the show on the road until the finish was the hardest thing I've ever done! Bit disappointed but super proud of gutting it out and posting a half decent time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

This post has been deleted.

Laura Graham taking over 4 and a half minutes off her PB to run 2:37:05

Gladys Ganiel taking a minute off her PB to run 2:37:55

Some really good results for the Irish out there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,458 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

healy1835 wrote: »
    3:15.....slipped on a plastic cup after 30k, did something nasty to my right hamstring....was moving well until then, on for 3:03ish.... :( keeping the show on the road until the finish was the hardest thing I've ever done! Bit disappointed but super proud of gutting it out and posting a half decent time.

Bad luck - I remember having to be careful of those discarded Berlin cups alright. Must have been even worse than usual with the rain. Terrible time for it to happen. Well done for finishing!

Not a good day out. Was going fine until mile 10 and just fell apart. Disappointing but what can you do? Still a marathon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 highlandcow

Got home in 3.08.59...happy. Set a solid pace throughout until km 39...threw in a few slower k's before finishing strong. Great race and really good to meet up with some folks after. Currently on way home....distracted by Oktoberfest at Alexanderplatz! Solid 5 minute ish PB.

Advertisement