Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.D. mobile , short codes issue , e.g. 53xxx 50xxx

Options
  • 21-06-2017 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

IDmobile issue problem: No txting to 50xxx , 53xxx , no txt to 15xx numbers etc. etc.

As you can see from the transcript below if you use your credit to enter competitions or send txts to radio shows etc. then i advise you not to bother with ID mobile for the forseeable future . If this company decide to allow these numbers it seems they will be adding them one by one. This is bonkers / ridiculous , you can be sure the one you wanted to use is blocked!

For example they have known about the Late Late Show competition number 1517 for a long period and have done nothing about adding it :mad::mad:

________________________________________-

Hello, welcome to iD Care, how can I help you today?

Hi, I am on PAYG, but cannot txt 50xxx numbers. i have lots of credit

Your website https://www.idmobile.ie/out-of-plan-charges , shows 50xxx as free

Hi Bill, these text messages are shortcode text and we do not support all short code texting. I can raise it with the tech team to make them aware. Who is that you are looking to text and what is the full number?

RTE Liveline 51551, also IWA Irish Wheelchair Association 50300

I can raise these so they are aware, I don't have a timeframe on when these services will be available

but ur website shows them as being available?

It not that it is down, iD do not support all short code messaging.

I have yet to find a short code that does work on I.D. mobile .

We have secured the banking shortcodes and some email shortcodes, there are some that are secured but not all, I will forward these on though.

Also, 1517 numbers not working either like late late show competitions i.e.1517 71 71 81

Yes we are aware of the late late show competitions also, but I will add them into the investigation on it.

If these issues are not resolved soon, i'm jumping ship as this is a step back into the dark ages!

Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe on it but we will advise if we secure these shortcodes. Thank you for the exmaples

Could you email me a transcript of our chat here?

I cannot email a transcript of this chat but you can screenshot it before you end the chat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its all the MVNOs on three, not just ID. Ongoing saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I wont hold my breath that Comreg will do anything about these issues . Ireland must have the worst telecom regulator in the World . :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

ED E wrote: »
    Its all the MVNOs on three, not just ID. Ongoing saga.

Just to confirm though, Three themselves do not have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

now perhaps im just thick. but you are with ID mobile on a pay as you go basis, and if your not happy with the service they provide your free to move.

They dont do short code txting. You know this.

Whats the consumer issue?

Perhaps we could create a consumer moaning/whinging rather than do something about it forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

davo2001 wrote: »
    Just to confirm though, Three themselves do not have this issue?

Nope, Three are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

The mvnos have an issue with the interconnect agreement and won't sign.

Advertisement