Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First DIY order

Options
  • 21-06-2017 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I just ordered my first DIY eliquid stuff yesterday and it was shipped today from the UK, the more i've thought about it now though the more i worry will there be any issue at customs? the order includes standard stuff vg pg and 6 X 18mg 10ml bottles of nicotine and some flavours. Apparently they shipped with DPD or UPS but i dont have a tracking number, has anyone had any issues with customs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Video wrote: »
    I just ordered my first DIY eliquid stuff yesterday and it was shipped today from the UK, the more i've thought about it now though the more i worry will there be any issue at customs? the order includes standard stuff vg pg and 6 X 18mg 10ml bottles of nicotine and some flavours. Apparently they shipped with DPD or UPS but i dont have a tracking number, has anyone had any issues with customs?

You'll have no bother from the UK....Famous last words :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Was it from DarkStar? I've used them for a while now, via AddressPal. I got an email saying my recent order was on it's way via UPS, which is new for them. Shouldn't be any issue, they are trading completely legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

It was actually from vapable.co.uk ,i wanted to order from darkstar but found it weird that they dont ship directly to ireland, have never used parcelmotel or addresspal before

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

It was actually from vapable.co.uk ,i wanted to order from darkstar but found it weird that they dont ship directly to ireland, have never used parcelmotel or addresspal before
    I'm sure I saw someone on here mention that Darkstar were beginning to ship directly to Ireland. But I just checked and it's still not an option. When I ordered from them I used DPD Parcel Wizard, and the nicotine bottle was smashed in transit. Darkstar replaced it and covered the second DPD costs but it put me off further orders with breakables (from Darkstar or using DPD).

What were the shipping costs like with Vapable? I'm looking to pick up some concentrates.

On topic: No customs issues on an order like that while the UK is still in the EU. After Brexit is finalised we may have a few slight issues.

Phill_M wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw someone on here mention that Darkstar were beginning to ship directly to Ireland. But I just checked and it's still not an option. When I ordered from them I used DPD Parcel Wizard, and the nicotine bottle was smashed in transit. Darkstar replaced it and covered the second DPD costs but it put me off further orders with breakables (from Darkstar or using DPD).

What were the shipping costs like with Vapable? I'm looking to pick up some concentrates.

On topic: No customs issues on an order like that while the UK is still in the EU. After Brexit is finalised we may have a few slight issues.

£9.95 for shipping with UPS, they sent me a tracking number a while after i made this thread, looks like the stuff has just arrived in dublin so i should have it tomorrow, fast enough delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

Not bad, especially with tracking, thanks. Even using Parcel Motel and DPD etc you often get hit with UK local rates and then the parcel service charges on top so anywhere that ships direct is good to keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Same thing anyway, once they are operating within the current laws, customs have no reason to hold your package up.

Recieved this morning, obviously first time ordering this stuff, they forgot to include one of the concentrates i ordered and didnt even address it, im sure it was a mistake but i was looking forward to that concentrate in particular, either way i have enough to start mixing now!

Advertisement